“Outstanding Guide and Driver”

Marco Sorrento Car Driver
Ranked #105 of 156 Tours in Sorrento
More attraction details
Owner description: Sorrento private driver arrange Tours and Transfers all over Italy.Mostly around the Amalfi Coast and Sorrento Coast.
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Marco, our Sorrento - Amalfi guide/driver is one of the most professional, knowledgeable and nicest young man, we have ever come across in our travels. His contacts and knowledge afforded us the best possible experiences i.e.; hotels, restaurant's, tours and of course shopping. On the days he wasn't available he set us up with other professionals, just a class act all the way around. His recommendation of Hotels, Restaurant's, winery for wine tasting, etc. was spot on a joy. Would highly recommend him for all your pre trip planning also, his email communications helped us plan our schedule. Great experience:)

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
in 10 reviews
"towns"
"driver"

Reviewed 17 October 2013

We originally hired Marco to pick us up from Naples airport and take us to our destination in Positano and take us on a tour of the Amalfi Coast. He was always punctual and courteous and proved to be a extremely knowledgeable guide. What impressed me most about Marco was his genuine sense of humanity. When I told Marco that I haven't seen my family in Naples for over 30 years and that this would be a very emotional reunion as my uncles were getting on in years he took it upon himself to make sure that I would make the most of my time with my uncles. He was my translator as my Italian was very rusty. He patiently related stories of my childhood memories in Italy to my uncles and shared in the delight of their reactions. Marco became a member of the family and we insisted that he join us in all are family gatherings. If it wasn't for Marco, our visit to Italy would not have been as memorable.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Macro was a great guide, driver, and helper in making best use of my time. Everything he suggested turned out to be great. For instance, he said I would get more out of my visit to Pompeii by paying the 11 e for the guide rather than the audio or going alone. The 2 hours was enough and any more would have been over load. Guide books said it was in advisable to do both historical sites in one day, but with Marco, not only was it possible but the contrast was thoughtful.
When we stopped at amalfi he suggested I go to the cathedral. Thank goodness.
His English is good,he is easy to be with. I met another couple who were going down the Amalfi coast and paying 50% more. He is reasonable ,knowledgable ,efficient , and a nice guy.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We hired Marco for transfers (both ways) between Napoli Centrale and our Sorrento Hotel and a half day tour to the Amalfi Coast.

He was punctual all the time and a very well spoken, helpful and polite person.
He was there on time, holding up a board with our name on it to receive us from the train station. He helped us with the luggage and led us to his car which is a very well maintained Mercedes. Initially our plan was to go to Sorrento, check-in to the hotel, grab something to eat and then head out for a half day tour to the Amalfi Coast. Marco suggested that we should visit the Amalfi Coast first and could have lunch in Ravello and then visit Amalfi and Positano, before heading to the hotel in the evening. This suggestion was made to save time, and it worked perfectly for us.

Throught out the drive he gave us brief information about the area and gave suggestions when we wanted and let us relax and enjoy the ride in silence at other times. We appreciated this immensely since in the past we have encountered overly friendly and talkative drivers, which is entertaining for a bit, before it gets overwhelming. Marco was very balanced in this respect.

He is also a very safe driver which helped us enjoy the drive along the beautiful coast.

Lastly, I lost my spectacles and its case somewhere over the day we were sightseeing in Amalfi. We called Marco soon after he dropped us back to the hotel thinking I might have left it in his car. He checked the car later that evening for us since he had already left it in the parking lot when we called and also checked it the next morning, but could not find my spectacles.
Then we thought that I might have left it in a particular store we had visited in Amalfi, but since Marco was not scheduled to go to Amalfi for the next few days, he requested his colleagues to check for us. I did not find my spectacles when we left, but appreciated Marco's help in trying to find it.

We would recommend Marco to anyone visiting Naples/Sorrento/Amalfi Coast.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 July 2013

If you are visiting anywhere near Sorrento and you require transfers or sight seeing then Marco is definitely the man for you. We booked Marco for a transfer from Napoli station to Sorrento the day we arrived & also a return transfer from Praiano to Napoli when we were leaving. In between we had booked Marco for a full day private tour of the Amalfi Coast. We were also booked to transfer from our Sorrento hotel to our Praiano hotel part way through our holiday which was going to cost 50 Euros but Marco suggested doing the full day tour the day we were transferring hotels & he would pick us up in Sorrento & drop us off in Praiano at the end of the tour so we could save the 50 Euro transfer cost. This suggestion was very much appreciated. The full day tour turned out to be excellent. Marco is punctual, extremely well presented & speaks excellent English. We also found him to be courteous on all occasions & would have no hesitation in recommending his services.