“Amazing food well worth the walk”

Ristorante La Solara
Ranked #117 of 316 Restaurants in Sorrento
Price range: US$23 - US$64
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced and amazing food the walk is steep on the way back up but couldn't say enough about the food. Great views to look out on friendly service sat there for a couple of hours and loved it will be back again well worth it

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

We unfortunately stumbled upon this place the day before it was closing for the season so the menu was selective and scarce. That being said, we had delicious mozzarella/salami paninis, Coronas, and a captures salad. All was delicious.
Take the bridge from Regina Giovanna, the views are worth it & the bridge walkway next to the rocks is awesome.
I’d definitely come back here. It looks like a poppin summer place.
Felt zero discrimination, the waiter was awesome.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Beautiful view ! We were alone in the restaurant, and had the view for us, it was very romantic, the food was delicious, we felt alone in the world with the sea all around us ! Very lovely, a must go !

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon this bar while we were exploring the coast. When we turned up there was chilled reggae playing and nice vibes. After we ordered the music got cranked up and we heard an array of bad music including an awful cover of stuck in the middle... When Stronger by Christina Aguilera started belting out we knew it was time to leave. Drinks and food were good though. Vibes needs work

Reviewed 3 September 2017

While the venue was amazing and the food appeared to be good, I can't say the same about the welcome policy. In fact, I can't say if the food is good because they refused to serve us! I, italian, was there on holiday with a couple of friends from Amsterdam. One of them is gay, and it could have been clear because of the way he was dressed, which was by the way only a it alternative and creative, not offensive in any way possible. After having been placed o the back,even if there were tables available at the front, the staff let us wait for 30 minutes while serving other clients arrived after us. I asked what the problem was and after a while it became clear that they just did not want to serve us because of the 'gay' look of my friend. Not only is this behavior illegal according to the italian and European laws (i could easily call the police for that) it is mostly scandalous, unethical and shameful in 2017. Refusing to serve food based on sexualty is unbelievable, I was mortified and so was my friend. I will never come again and I will never recommend this place, never. Shame of you.

2  Thank saravb2017