“Casa Sorrentina”

Ranked #17 of 134 Sorrento B&B and Inns
florida
“Casa Sorrentina”
Reviewed 4 June 2013

The place is absolutely beautiful. Central location, right in the middle of the whole action.
We stayed for 6 nights and really enjoyed. Sonia was a very helpfull in our travel needs.
Highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank alex100Florida
soncos, Proprietario at Casa Sorrentina, responded to this review, 15 August 2013
I'm glad if I helped to make your holiday as pleasant and relaxing as possible. Thank you very much for your appreciation. What I propose to get is just that, to ensure that my guests have a wonderful holiday here, also thanks to 'help of the staff of Casa Sorrentina. Thank you very much.
Sonia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Hebrew first
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a beautiful , clean place right in the middle of the action. We loved our stay here. We didnt want to leave. You have a full kitchen to filled with milk, juice and water. Also there is a coffee machine which you can always make yourself a cup at anytime. I loved our room and Sonia was very helpful and booked tours and exursions for us while we were there. I would def stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Webuye, Kenya
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Three of us stayed in Sorrento for two days and really enjoyed our time at Casa Sorrentina. Sonia was amazing - very helpful and responsive. The place is beautiful. Our room was big and spacious and comfortable. The bathroom was so clean and perfect. The breakfast was amazing - lots of tasty options. Highly recommend this place. It was great and we would love to go back when we come back to Sorrento!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Location fantastic, tidy and clean. Bathrooms need refurbishing, thought the door was going to come off the shower, crack in plastic of shower. Tv wouldn't plug in, the keys to get into hotel and bedrooms were a little tricky at times. I would only stay here again if I had no other option.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shar73
Dear Madam, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Casa Sorrentina. This is always very important for us whether positive or negative reviews. The positive review for us is rewarding and a stimulus to move forward, but the negative is perhaps even more important because it gives us the tips that we can put into practice to improve more and more.
In your case, I'm glad to be able to say that the restructuring of the toilets was already scheduled at the time of your coming, and in fact we have done work between March and April 2013. If you now return you will find new and functional bathrooms and showers. Along with that, each year, before the summer are made small maintenance jobs to fix all those things throughout the year with many guests may deteriorate. The invitation is to return to us for giving me the opportunity to change your mind about us. Thank you, and I greet you cordially. Sonia
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 17 December 2012

This property is safe, clean, comfortable and right in the heart of Sorrento. It is located on a busy street with a very loud night-life, so if that bothers you, you may want to choose elsewhere. The little French balcony allowed us to view the liveliness without being in the middle of it. There were plenty of outlets in the room to plug in all our devices, which is always a plus for us. The breakfast room was right outside our door and the array of foods was vast and plentiful. It was a little difficult to find, but true to Italy, when we looked a little lost someone on the street pointed us to the correct door. Sonia could not have been more helpful or lovely, she is a gem. The room was very large compared to others we have stayed in. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank merrietraveler
kent
Reviewed 29 October 2012

we stayed here whilst we visted sorrento looking for wedding venues etc.It was clean, comfortable and well priced, although it was October. The owner Sonia is lovely and very helpful. We had a room at the front with a french balcony and yes it was noisy at night and early morning, but we quite liked it, except when they decided to cut the vegetation in the square at 4.00am when we had to be up at 5.00am, but thats not sonia's fault. The place is in the heart of sorrento, within 30 second walk to Passo Tonnale, where there are some nice bars to have a meal, drink and people watch. If you are after 5 star luxury, then dont stay here, but if you want nice accommodation in the middle of the action, book here. the only thing i will say is there is a hotel above the rooms, so we had a quite a bit of noise with furniture being moved, but hey how much time do you spend in your room. Sonia even told us she intends to try and add double glazing and do some of the bathrooms up. But we had plenty of hot water. Breakfast is a do it yourself, but there is milk, cereals, coffee, range of teas, fruit, bread, yoghurts, pastries to choose from. its also a 7-10 minute walk from the station. would defo stay here again.

Room Tip: if you dont mind noise ask for a room at the front, if not ask for one of the 2 rooms at the back, b...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed 14 September 2012

We stayed their for 4 nights at the end of our holiday, coming to the end of our money we said we would go for self catering. Looked at reviews and hotel description thought that we would have a kithen in our room. Got their put in a nice size room No kitchen in it only communial one out side our door, Our only window opened out onto 4 walls and an extractor fan that blew out hot air out so could not leave open, to see what weather was like had to look up, always dark in room had to leave lights on during the day, When cooking in communial kithen lights went out in our room told we had to turn off air conditioning or water heater as it was over load on sockets. Water heater being light switch in bathroom that heated up a 50lt water tank so you had to have a shower fast before hot water ran out. Had to pay cash for city tax as I was told they could not take it off the credit card. stayed in 2 other hotels in sorrento one did not charge city tax and other automaticaly took it off credit card when paying for stay. One of the worst places i have stayed.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nomiewex
soncos, Proprietario at Casa Sorrentina, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
What I really do not understand is why there are people who, when they are in front of you, it seems that everything goes well and is perfect and then when you turn your back or they go away, the situation is different. And you, what you can do at that point? I ask myself, if I go on vacation and have one or more problems with the structure that hosts me, I try to solve the problem on the spot in order to enjoy the best of my holyday. Or not ...? Or maybe the beauty is right in complaining?
I remember well the gentlemen and the lady who wrote this review, funny, happy, smiling, all smiles and kindness, all good morning and good day. Why? Mah ....!
And now I try to explain the experience that they have lived in the worst structure that had the misfortune to meet ,in order to inform any future guests who have the courage to stay in Casa Sorrentina:
1- the kitchenette was not in the room but immediately outside the room. There was not to do long distance but simply to open the door. Or maybe in general we cook in the bedroom?

2- the power of electricity does not depend on me, unfortunately, but rather by the Power Company that distributes, in Italy called ENEL. The center of Sorrento is very populated and power, especially in summer, it may not be enough. Even in my house, which is 400m from Casa Sorrentina, when I turn oven, washing machine and dishwasher power fails, as has happened to these gentlemen and lady that had air conditioning, water heaters, room lights and more than one electric fire switched on simultaneously. I apologize for the inconvenience, however, that they have had to turn to the time it takes to cook (15 minutes?) one of these appliances. How many times it happened? One? I understand that it must have been terrible. I will make their complaints to the Italian Electricity Company. What do they respond to me?

3 - only 50 liters water tank for 2 people!? Only 25 liters of hot water per person for a hot shower in a torrid summer!!??

4- back room. It 's true, the guests had a large and spacious but back room that overlooks a little space inside the building. But what to do? I have 5 rooms, one of which is back. But it is also the quietest and nicest double room and a lot of people ask me specifically that room. Some people prefer a room on the street and others prefer a room on the back. It is just personal tastes and needs. When the guests had booked was the last one available, but if they didn’t like it could tell me and I made sure to change the room as soon as possible. Not knowing it, but having the feeling that everything was ok, what I could do, read thoughts?

5 -tourist tax. Were up to me, I would not let anyone pay this tax. Unfortunately, the town of Sorrento in April forced us to get back to all non-residents and to get back in cash. Sure, I could get against the law, do not take it and pay a fine salty or have even closed my business. I am sorry, but I don't have the courage to face one of these two options. The hotel that did not let them pay assumes its responsibilities, but if they have a control they will have their problems. As for the cash payment: this is what we have to ask, but it happened to me many times that the client told me not to have cash and I charged the fee on the credit card. Where is the problem? But even here I wonder, why not tell me in person when they were here??

Finally, I love my job, I love Casa Sorrentina, I'm happy when my guests are happy and if they are not I do everything I can to solve their problems and meet their needs. But what I would ask is: dear Mr and Mrs M. why not tell me personally your point of view so that I could remedy the situation? Now that you're gone, tell me, how I could improve your past holiday? Ah, but maybe I got it, I think maybe you preferred staying in conditions that you felt uncomfortable just to complain, otherwise I don’t understand your smiles.
Anyway I want to thank you, or, better, will thank you the brave hypothetical future guests that will have the courage to stay in this hell. I am sure that this review will be very useful for them :-)). Thanks so much.
Sincerely