“Best hotel ever!”

Maison La Minervetta
Ranked #1 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 6 February 2011

If you are reading this review, stop now and book a room at La Minervetta! From location, to view, to cleanliness, through the staff - this is the best stay we have ever had! Floriana and Guia (our incredible help at hotel) showed us restaurants that were preferred by locals - and set up reservations for us! Each restaurant was authentic and amazing! Floriana went to great lengths to help me with a problem in my airline booking - I have never had that type of help at any of the 4 or 5 star hotels at which I stayed. Every morning, noon, and night they seemed excited to offer us a new idea for eating. They booked 2 private car tours for us with a driver who was incredibly nice and well-versed (Savi!). Then there's Francesca...who produced the best breakfasts each morning! Do not miss her pancakes and latte! Her sweet energy was a great start to each day. The views of the bay and Sorrento are exquisite. We stayed in Room 1 with vitually a 180 degree view of bay/Sorrento/Mt. Vesuvious. My wife and I both took extra time in the morning because we loved the room so much! The hotel is immaculate. It is very quiet and peaceful. The 5-10 minute walk into town was refreshing and beautiful. If there were 6 stars, I would give it all 6! We will definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eleck

Reviewed 25 January 2011

This is a gorgeous hotel with a sumptuous breakfast, beautiful rooms and spectacular views. There was little to complain about here. While it's perch atop the cliffs overlooking the marina provides amazing views and wonderful breezes, it's a vigorous walk up a steep hill from town. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, but found the walk an obstacle to making the most of this vacation.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlwaysAcadian
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I just returned from my 3 night stay at La Minervetta and am in love with this property! For my full review of this property with lots of photos please visit my blog post about La Minervetta at: http://www.destinationsperfected.com/search/label/La%20Minervetta

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2011

My husband and I stayed here at the end of December 2010 and were really impressed with the hotel. Our room was beautiful but the view was outstanding, we could see from Sorrento to Naples. Service is great, the staff is small and incredibly helpful with planning a day out or booking restaurant reservations.

The hotel looks exactly like all of the photos on TripAdvisor. The lobby was a wonderful place to sit and have a glass of wine while looking through some of their unique art and history books. They had a large spread of sweets out for the holiday season, cookies, cakes and panettone. Parking was fine even with a full hotel and a tight parking lot. The hotel is about a 5-10 minute walk from the edge of downtown, very easy and not too steep. You trade the walk for amazing views from the hotel. We had a wonderful time in winter and I can only imagine how amazing it must be in the summer.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Also the place of the hotel is not very optimal this is the real place to visit and relax! Take a superior room and you would not regret for a penny spent on it! Fantastic view from enormous windows will make you relax and forget about everything: you'll just sit in cosy armchair and observe the birds flying by or page through design books that are available in big quantity in room and in hotel... There's no restaurant in the hotel so the dining you will have to do in the city - we didn't suffer from this at all because there are many nice cafes and restaurants. But the breakfast in the hotel is fantastic! Wide range of snacks, tasty cheese, eggs and pan-cakes freshly cooked specially for you... mm-m-m-m.....

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marla777
Reviewed 16 November 2010

Maison La Minervetta was one of our favourite hotels, not only on this trip to Italy, but worldwide. The hotel is owned by a prominent Interior designer and his family, so suffice to say that the decor is outstanding!

The common areas and rooms are overflowing with fantastic design books and other (slightly nautical) paraphernalia, which gave it a really homely, effortlessly casual feel (albeit a very expensive one I suspect).

The rooms were faultless. The views from the room were breathtaking. The staff were so friendly, I wanted to take them home with me, and the breakfasts were unbelievably good.

The hotel it slightly uphill from the main shopping area, which is only about a 7-8 minute walk. Well worth it, and gives you an opportunity to walk off some of their amazing food and Limoncello in the area.

Maison La Minervetta is a must if staying in Sorrento.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2010

My wife found it on TripAdvisor just a few days before we went at the end of October, 2010. Luckily we were able to get in at short notice - I guess the slightly off-season timing helped.

It absolutely lived up to the high expectations that were set by the preponderance of "Excellent" ratings we had seen. The location is amazing - what views! The layout and setting is relaxed, more like a warm guest house than a hotel. We loved the lounge area upstairs where you check in, eat breakfast, and hang out surrounded by an eclectic set of magazines and books.

Everyone working there, from Flory and Cara to the breakfast lady and the young many assisting her, were friendly and helpful. And they sent us to nice restaurants in the lovely town of Sorrento just a few minutes' pleasant walk away.

I would strongly recommend it, and hope we get a chance to go back ourselves.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple