“Fantastic friendly lovely hotel”
Review of Hotel Girasole

Hotel Girasole
Ranked #50 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We had a fantastic week, the hotel is family run and nothing is to much trouble. The hotel is kept very clean and the breakfast has some amazing bread/cakes. The pool area is wonderful (no fighting for sunbeds) and the pool bar has homemade snacks, pasta, rice etc.
It is on a busy road, but we had a room looking over the orange trees and did not notice it. The walk in to Sorrento was fine, but a small part of the pavement disappears, and as I said the road is very busy, but it didnt bother us.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Girasole

Reviewed 1 July 2012

I have just returned from a wonderful week at this friendly, family hotel where I was able to practise my very basic Italian and have my accent corrected! My room was very clean - the only downside was the small shower area. I enjoyed the walk into Sorrento which kept me fit as I only put on 3 lbs in the week despite the fabulous lunches by the pool. I wish I could have stayed longer. The generous touch of a pack-up breakfast for an early departure to the airport was very thoughtful and welcome. I, too, enjoyed the Tuesday evening party despite being a solo traveller and never felt alone; in fact, two separate couples kindly invited me to join them, which I declined as I felt it was their holiday together and I was happy to watch everyone else enjoying themselves too.

Room Tip: Request rooms away from the road.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank SusannaSorrento
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Friendly hotel staff
Lovely pool area
Rooms basic but everything you need
Little out of town but close enough for nice walk
Nice breakfast
All in all a very nice welcoming stay....

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rosie3711
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This is a beautiful hotel at the edge of Sorrento. The staff are extremely helpful and kind. The rooms are clean and well serviced. The hotel is quiet but because the staff are so friendly -this seems to make the guests friendlier! Lucy, my nine year old daughter, loved the staff and came out of her shell.
The pool is clean and very relaxing. All the guests are made to feel welcome. The Enchanted Evening on a Tuesday evening is well worth the money. We will come back. We feel like a part of the family.

Room Tip: There is a busy main road at the front of the hotel but they do have sound proofing. Book direct wit...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank garrysprott

Dear friends,
Everyone at the Girasole would like to thank you for your kindness. We all work in order to satisfy our guests and make them feeling like at home. . It's a great pleasure for us to know that you have enjoyed your holiday here.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Just got back from a 2 week stay at this wonderful quaint hotel. We couldn't have chosen a better place to be. This family run hotel makes you feel like you are one of them. It is the little things they do that make this a exceptional establishment. On two occasions my husband and I had planned a day trip and as we were leaving we were handed a sack full of fruit, cakes and other breakfast/ lunch treats. The atmosphere by the pool is laid back, very relaxing and the pool snacks hit the spot. It is conviently located, a 20 minute stroll from Sorrento's city center, wonderful restaurants and cafe's. Would go back in a heartbeat !!!

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room.
1  Thank CaryT_12

Dear friends,
we would like to thank you very much for your kidness. We all work in order to satisfy our guests and make them feeling like at home. It's a great pleasure to read your lines and know that you have had a good time at the Girasole. All of us send you our best regards and would be really happy to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Just returned from a week in the wonderful Hotel Girasole in Sorrento and loved every minute! The family who run the hotel are lovely and welcoming and the hotel itself is clean, has a lovely atmosphere and great food by the pool. Food is not available at night but with the huge selection of restaurants nearby it is fine. I would recommend La Favorita in Sorrento
The hotel is situated in between St Agnello and Sorrento and is about a five/ten minute walk outside central Sorrento, if you turn right out of the hotel and first right again you can walk along quieter streets into either St Agnello or Sorrento. I would highly recommend this hotel. The owner was fantastic when a lovely girl called Elin succumbed to the sun (fainted), the bar staff were professional and helpful and took her to the hospital. (Elin, I hope you are ok if you read this!!) I love it and want to go back....NOW!!!

2  Thank peanutdeb

Dear friends,
Everyone at the Girasole would like to thank you for your kindness. We all work in order to give something special to our guests and are very pleased to know you all have appreciated our work.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Have just returned from staying for 7 nights at the Girasole and couldn't wait to share my experience. The hotel is run by a lovely family who speak excellent English and from the outset they made us feel welcome. The hotel is situated on the busy Corsa Italia but we had requested a garden room at the back which is quiet and has beautiful views of the mountains and the lemon & orange trees. Our room was on the ground floor and a tall tree prevented us from seeing Vesuvius which I'm sure would be visible from higher floors. The breakfasts were of a very high quality comprising continental meats & cheeses, fresh bread, fresh fruit, yoghurts and cakes. The entire hotel was kept scrupulously clean especially around the pool area where deckchairs are provided for free & sunbeds for 3 Euros. Pool bar meals were also delicious as was their homemade lemon juice. On departure day the hotel provided a shower room with clean fresh towels and toiletries which was an unexpected bonus. Even though the walk into the centre of Sorrento takes about 15 minutes the qualitity and friendliness of the Girasole would make me want to stay there again. We didn't book any of our tour operators trips but travelled independently on the local trains and buses via the main Sorrento station to Pompei, Vesuvius, Herculaneum & The Amalfi Coast. It was so easy and we saved a fortune. Our best value trip was a mini cruise on the San Valentin Gescab boat from Marina Piccalo which took us to Capri, Amalfi & Positano for 24 Euros each. It provided spectacular views of the Amalfi Coast and was so relaxing. All in all we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend a stay at the Hotel Girasole to anyone.

Room Tip: Request a garden room at the back. The small supplement is definitely worth it
2  Thank LoobyLancashire

Dear friends,
thank you very much for your kindness! It has been a great pleasure for us to welcome you here and we hope to have you again here as our guests.