Stayed here for one night, I booked a room for 2 for about 77 Euros.
A few general things about European hotels I've learned on my travels:
- all tend to be small
- don't pull the cord in the shower, it supposedly signals an alarm to the front desk for help
- walls are thin
- I still don't know how to use that other bowl shaped sink-faucet thing next to the toilet
We stayed here for one night so we could visit the ruins of Pompeii the next day. We originally were thinking of staying in Naples, but read reviews suggesting to stay in Sorrento as it was more scenic and not as seedy. We were glad we stayed here because the small town is right along the coast and had some good pasta, pizza, and gelato. The hotel in general is quite small, as it is along the main street between shops. It is modern looking in the lobby, but the room was not quite as modern looking, but it was still a clean and quiet room to stay. Probably one of the most quietest rooms in Europe I stayed in.
The staff was very friendly. They helped us locate the nearest laundry rooms in town, where to find good pizza, and helped with the timing of the trains. They also normally charge for internet/computer usage in the lobby, but in the morning when no one was there, they let us use it free.
The location was more at the beginning edge of town near the train drop off. The town is not all that big to walk, so it was not hard getting around. It was just a block away from the main square.
Overall, I'm glad we stayed in Sorrento and this hotel before checking out Pompeii.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel in the heart of Sorrento, Sorrento City Hotel is a boutique hotel a short walk to Piazza Tasso: a living room to live the harmony of Sorrento Peninsula hospitality; a hotel, completely refurbished, which was the first Maison Meublè built in 50’s, where you can spend days of pure wonder. Style and elegance, prime quality of service and discretion make this hotel a symbol of Sorrento Peninsula hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Sorrento City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- City Hotel Sorrento
- Sorrento City Hotel