What a wonderful spot this is! We loved it so much, we just had to come back. I won't repeat what so many others have already said so well. Instead I will try to offer helpful advice that others have not mentioned or emphasized...though the best advice I can give is to stay at Villa Monica, and for as long as you can.
Last year we stayed in the Sorrento Room, this time the Napoli. We have seen all of the choices, and they each should provide a wonderful stay, including the new 5th room, which will have its own jacuzzi. Overall, we preferred the Napoli, which provides views to the bay directly from the bed, but that's a personal choice.
During your time in Sorrento, you will be surrounded by lemon trees. Pasquale now makes his own limoncello from the lemons, and offers it free to his guests. He also offers wine, all set out for your enjoyment in the common room, which can all make for an enjoyable ending to a delightful but perhaps tiring day.
The pastries at breakfast are scrumptious. Nobody on this first page of reviews has mentioned that they come from the Pasticceria Monica, which is the meeting point for Pasquale's chauffeur service. Yes, I did buy more than a couple of their cannoli during the week. Somewhat related to that, Sonya, his assistant, will help make those breakfasts even better with her excellent service and wonderfully creamy cappucini.
Pasquale is one of the most affable and personable hosts you will ever encounter. He is also one of the most talented. He writes, composes, sings, and plays the piano. If you are fortunate enough and the timing is right, you will be serenaded, and it will be memorable.
My final comment is for me the most important...and I am guessing it will be the same for him. During this second stay, we were privileged to get a wider view of Pasquale and his family, rather than Pasquale the B&B owner. The interaction between him, his wife Monica, and their two children is a joy to watch. They are very fortunate...We are very fortunate...Hopefully enough to return for a third time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Monica B&B is a charming Bed and Breakfast on the hills of Sorrento. With a beatiful view !! For our guests a convenient free shuttle service. Breakfast and wifi free..!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Villa Monica B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Monica Bed And Breakfast
- Villa Monica Hotel Sorrento