“O Mio Dio!!!”

Ranked #2 of 126 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Traverse City, Michigan
“O Mio Dio!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

What a wonderful spot this is! We loved it so much, we just had to come back. I won't repeat what so many others have already said so well. Instead I will try to offer helpful advice that others have not mentioned or emphasized...though the best advice I can give is to stay at Villa Monica, and for as long as you can.

Last year we stayed in the Sorrento Room, this time the Napoli. We have seen all of the choices, and they each should provide a wonderful stay, including the new 5th room, which will have its own jacuzzi. Overall, we preferred the Napoli, which provides views to the bay directly from the bed, but that's a personal choice.

During your time in Sorrento, you will be surrounded by lemon trees. Pasquale now makes his own limoncello from the lemons, and offers it free to his guests. He also offers wine, all set out for your enjoyment in the common room, which can all make for an enjoyable ending to a delightful but perhaps tiring day.

The pastries at breakfast are scrumptious. Nobody on this first page of reviews has mentioned that they come from the Pasticceria Monica, which is the meeting point for Pasquale's chauffeur service. Yes, I did buy more than a couple of their cannoli during the week. Somewhat related to that, Sonya, his assistant, will help make those breakfasts even better with her excellent service and wonderfully creamy cappucini.

Pasquale is one of the most affable and personable hosts you will ever encounter. He is also one of the most talented. He writes, composes, sings, and plays the piano. If you are fortunate enough and the timing is right, you will be serenaded, and it will be memorable.

My final comment is for me the most important...and I am guessing it will be the same for him. During this second stay, we were privileged to get a wider view of Pasquale and his family, rather than Pasquale the B&B owner. The interaction between him, his wife Monica, and their two children is a joy to watch. They are very fortunate...We are very fortunate...Hopefully enough to return for a third time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

My wife and I just returned from a paradise vacation in Sorrento. My grandparents originally came from Sorrento and growing up I remember my nona singing Italian songs one of which was "Come back to Sorrento". After she passed away I promised myself that one day I would visit Sorrento. I booked our stay at Villa Monica for several reasons. It is conveniently located so that day trips are easy, it is close to the city center and all the fabulous restaurants and of course all the wonderful things that were said about Pasquale the owner in each and every review. Our arrival started with Pasquale picking us up after a grueling day of travel. We each got 2 kisses on our cheeks and a genuine welcome. I knew that everything they said about how nice Pasqaule was, was true. In 10 minutes we were brought to our beautiful room with a jaw dropping view. Everything that followed just got better. From a bountiful breakfast in the morning, to immaculately clean room and bathroom, to every amenity you could possibly ask for. Think slippers and bathrobes. The best amenity though was Pasquale himself. You could not ask for more in a host. He was always available for questions, suggestions and many, many drives into town. He is funny and charming with a sharp Italian wit. He is a perfectionist who strives for better. Pasquale, wife Monica and Sonya who served breakfast and did house keeping were all like family by the time we left. They are all genuinely warm and giving people who only compliment the beautiful views, sunsets, vistas, food, wine and of course limoncello.

After staying in Villa Monica for seven nights I now know why my grandmother sang "Come back to Sorrento" I wish I could go back right now.

John and Yoko

Room Tip: Any room in the back has views of the bay of Naples and Mount Vesuvius so you can't go wrong.
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

First let me say that if you want a convenient and beautiful area to stay in while you visit the Amalfi Coast then you must choose Sorrento. Located on the Mediterranian Sea, it's very accessable to all areas of the coast and is a warm, inviting city. Having said that, the hidden gem in the area is a bed and breakfast named for it's charming hostess...Villa Monica. This lovely place has all the charm that Italy is known for plus owners who cannot do enough for their guests. Monica's husband Pascal is a virtual free taxi service for the people that stay there and he does it with a smile. The food is a feast and she even offers dinner for those weary travelers who just want to relax after their busy day. It'clean, spacious and has a view to die for. Five stars for Villa Monica.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimK604
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

My husband and I spent two nights in villa Monica and left yesterday. It was a great experience.
The views from the room to the mountains and the bay were amazing. The room was clean and pleasant. Nice shower which included bidet. We had a spacious room with a balcony to a view we will never forget.
Beside the great shuttle service to town we met a warm, funny, and a great host. No other than Pasquale!!! It is such a change to move from hotel service to a personal and warm hospitality.
Pasquale is a young, energetic, funny who works hard to makes his guests happy.
We had a great time , and would definitely come again.

Room Tip: Use the shuttle service to town rather than use your car.
1 Thank TALI M
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

We absolutely loved our stay at Villa Monica. Having not been to the Amalfi Coast before, we wanted to stay somewhere special, and this was the perfect place. The views from our room were stunning. We thought at one point that we might stay in the town of Sorrento, but we were so glad that we chose to stay in the hills because of the views, the ease of getting everywhere we needed to (thanks to Pasquale), and because we liked being a little removed from the hustle and bustle of the town. Also, our bed was very comfortable and the breakfast provided each morning is delicious. You can't beat sitting on the terrace, eating a pastry, and looking out at the water and Mount Vesuvius.

As others have mentioned, Pasquale is incredibly accommodating. He is kind, funny, and generous. Though his "shuttle service" has set times, he drove us and picked us up from places outside of those times. His knowledge of the area is invaluable, and he was able to help us figure out the best boat to take to Capri, the best time to go to Positano, where to get buses from, etc. Overall, a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view!
Province of Isernia, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Very comfortable B&B, there is a beautiful view of Sorrento, every morning the breakfast under the sun watching the sea and the city is good to start the day with smile also tanks to Pasquale and his family which are very very good persons. The shuttle service offered by Pasquale gives you the opportunity to move from the B&B to the city simply. I recommend it to you if you are not looking for an hotel experience but for a real Italian house and family. I can tell you that because I'm Italian.Sorry for some mistakes :)
P.S: Pasquale advice's about the city or about where eat or what see are the best!

Stayed May 2014
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Pasquale and Monica are such amazing and hospitable hosts. They really do take care of you and it's like staying with extended family. The views are breathtaking. A week was simply not enough and we were really sad to leave. However, we will be back as soon as we are able to. We love Sorrento and couldn't imagine staying anywhere else when we're there.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple