Staying at villa Monica was the highlight of our trip around Italy. From the moment we booked our room, Pasquale was incredibly helpful in helping us make the most of our 4 night stay at the guest house, even making a reservation for me at a top local restaurant for my boyfriend's birthday.
Upon arrival, Pasquale was helpful and informative of where to go, what to see, how to get to the best spots etc, and had a lot of information on local tours that he recommended. Our room, the Sorrento room, was large, had a breathtaking view, a great balcony and was clean and even had very reliable wifi. (Something that was not common on the rest of our hotel stays!)
The breakfast was very good, the freshly squeezed orange juice and cappuccinos were perfect and the setting outside in the garden to eat breakfast in was a great start to our days in sorrento. Monica's evening meal is also fantastic and amazing value, 17euros for 3 courses, wine and water, with fresh home cooked Italian food using ingredients from their garden. Foodie bliss! Oh, and the free wine in the communal area was also a lovely touch!
Pasquale also runs a frequent (free!) shuttle from villa Monica to the centre of Sorrento, up to 11:30pm at night, which is a very short transfer and makes it very easy to get in and out of Sorrento. Staying in the hills is perfect as the view is stunning and it is very relaxing to get out of the touristy centre.
Most of all, however, was the treatment that Pasquale and his wife gave us when my boyfriend broke his foot in town. They made sure that we knew they were available if we needed to go to the hospital again (even in the middle of the night) and when we had to get a boat to our next destination the next morning, Pasquale was a life saver dropping us off right by the ferry and even contacting us to make sure we arrived ok and safely with the injured foot!
Pasquale and his wife run an excellent guest house, in a beautiful setting which we could find no fault with. We felt very looked after and in the best spot in Sorrento and because of that, I will recommend villa Monica to anyone who is planning a trip to Sorrento.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Monica B&B is a charming Bed and Breakfast on the hills of Sorrento. With a beatiful view !! For our guests a convenient free shuttle service. Breakfast and wifi free..!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Villa Monica B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Monica Bed And Breakfast
- Villa Monica Hotel Sorrento