Hotel Plaza
Cesare Augusto(Sorrento)
Tasso Suites(Sorrento)
Palazzo Tasso(Sorrento)
1,807 results
All reviewsinfinity poolrooftop barthe main squaremodern hotelpiazza tassogreat hotelpastriestrain stationperfect locationhotel barbreakfast buffetamalfi coastwould definitely stay here againpeople watchingour honeymoonrestaurants and barsstayed here for a week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 October 2013

First, the hotel is spotless and very well maintained. And equally important all staff that we encountered were extremely responsive. For instance, when we checked into our room at 2:30, the room safe wasn't working. A young woman came, tried to help and then said someone would be there at 5 to fix it. When we returned at 5, it was working. I needed to get some blue jeans hemmed that I had purchased and Cinzia, at the front desk, miraculously arranged for the hemming for a reasonable amount. Cinzia just took care of it. Also, she arranged day tours for us. I would also like to comment on the wonderful bar staff with whom we conversed and offered some amazing insights on the culture of Sorrento, Naples, etc. The bar staff were always polite, professional and eager to share their knowledge and understanding of the area. Raffaello, the manager, was also extremely helpful. The staff seem to genuinely enjoy their jobs and their clients.I would rate the breakfast a 9 out of 10. The quality and selection of eggs, fruits, yogurts, sweets, etc. was excellent. I can't give the breakfast a 10 because I didn't find the cappucino satisfactory.The rooms are well equipped and the blackout curtains guarantee a darkened room. As others have indicated, the location is ideal. It is less than 1/2 a block from Piazzo Tasso. I thought it was an excellent value for the dollars spent. Also, the elevators are on the larger size; 2-3 people with luggage can very comfortably fit in the elevators.It is a modern well run hotel with Italian charm.

Room Tip: Rooms with a front facing balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paladino85
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We had the opportunity to stay here in October. And while the weather wasn't so great this hotel was. The location could not be more convenient. The central plaza and city proper just a short stroll away. The hotel is spotless. But the important thing to me was the customer service. They go above and beyond. Rarely do I see this level of service. Kudos to Hotel plaza! I am already looking forward to our next stay here - hopefully the sun will show up as well! I did not use the spa or fitness room. I would leave them blank but I accidentally touched them and I did not want t give them a 1.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NancyInLondon
Bruno_Amuro, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear valued guest, thank you so much for your kind review after visiting our facilities!
We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the ideal location of our hotel as well as the high standard of cleaning. We are especially grateful for you kind words about our customer service. Indeed, we really value our guests and we do all we can and more to make sure that their stay at the Plaza be an experience to repeat. We wish we could also work on the weather but at the moment there is very little we can do about that.
We really look forward to your next visit!
Kind regards!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I just returned from a week at the hotel Plaza in Sorrento and were so impressed with this hotel! We travelled with our 1 year old (a challenging experience to say the least!) but all of the staff at the hotel made us feel so comfortable and at ease. There were very few families in sorrento (those who have been before would understand why!) and we were the only couple with a child in the hotel. The hotel feels very modern and luxurious and is more of an adults hotel, but we needn't have worried as all the staff including Giseppe and Diago went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. The manager Rafael couldn't do enough to help us.

For us the other main selling point is the proximity to the main square making going out around sorrento and out to dinner so easy

We had a superior room and I would recommend paying for an upgrade. The balcony was a little on the small side but in October that wasn't an issue.

Would highly recommend for people travelling with or without children.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Regron13

Dear guests, it was wonderful having you over at our Hotel with little Jamie happily crawling around. Children are not only welcome at the Plaza but they are indeed our most important guests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return. Diego, Giuseppe, Raffaele and all the staff send their regards.
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
Yours sincerely

Reviewed 12 October 2013

This was our fourth visit to Sorrento and our third stay at the Hotel Plaza because it is clean, modern, well situated, has a great rooftop pool area and really pleasant staff who obviously value their work and colleagues as much as we value their service.
Breakfast is a comprehensive buffet, one of the best we have experienced in Italy. We will return to Hotel Plaza

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EG039
Reviewed 11 October 2013

we were pick pocketed in naples on the way down to sorrento. the staff saw our stress level and immediately took it down to normal. they helped me contact the credit card companies, gave us a glass of champagne, sent our bags to our room and made us feel comfortable. within a hour of arrival we were out on the town and enjoying ourselves. i would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes convenient locations, helpful staff, clean modern rooms and great views. we will always be grateful for their thoughtfulness and kindness.

Room Tip: we were on the fifth floor and had a great view of the water from the balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple