“Lovely hotel”

Hotel Plaza
Ranked #13 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were directed here by our travel agent and it was an ideal choice. Clean, modern rooms. Friendly helpful staff. Easy access to station for train to historical sites. Quiet despite being close to city centre. Nice little pool on roof to cool off in. Good bar and lunch time snacks, not to mention the fantastic breakfast.
Only slight shame is no restaurant in the evening, the food we had there was excellent and there are a lot of fairly indifferent restaurants locally that I'm sure the plaza could surpass.
The wifi was good, ( vital for teenage children! ) and I would happily return there.

Room Tip: If you want a kettle to make tea, just ask at the desk
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kate P
There are newer reviews for Hotel Plaza

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed here for a week.
It is a 4 star but it is one of the very best I ever saw.
Staff are so friendly helpful and very professional.
Just read some of the previous reviews all are excellent.
Breakfast is a treat everything you could possibly want.
I certainly would return to the Plaza again.
The reviews I had read was the reason I choose here.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 8 July 2014

There are very few hotels I would actually travel back to stay at. This is one of them!
After experiencing the hustle and bustle of Rome and Florence, my wife and I arrived at Hotel Plaza and instantly relaxed.

One of the big selling points for this hotel is the location. The central square in Sorrento is Piazza Tasso and Hotel Plaza is about 20 seconds away – close enough for a simply short stroll, but it keeps the hotel lovely and quiet.
Yes there are other hotels with views over the sea and the bay, but from what we saw, many of these are more dated and tired. Plus, many can be very expensive and we found Hotel Plaza to be reasonably priced.

There are hundreds of restaurants and bars within minutes. Explore the backstreets on the opposite side of the Piazza within minutes.

ROOMS
We stayed in a standard room but asked for a room with a view. We were on the 5th floor and had a beautiful view across the bay and Vesuvius on the other side – stunning.
The room was stylish, modern, clean and had everything you could ask for.
The shower was a rainforest style shower which I loved. And the mini fridge was big enough to put some of your own beers/water/wine in there to chill.

REST OF HOTEL
The hotel is extremely modern and stylish. Every part of it looks stunning and you can’t help but to be impressed. This is particularly true for the pool area, which is beautiful and has excellent ‘mist sprays’ to keep you cool. The pool has lovely jets as well to keep you relaxed.

SERVICE
The staff here were all excellent and really did the hotel justice. Nothing was too much trouble and whilst I’d like to be able to point out a single member of staff, I simply couldn’t because they were all excellent.

BREAKFAST
I have to make a point of writing about this - everyone does. Probably the only better hotel breakfasts are those in huge all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and the Caribbean.
The breakfast has fried breakfast, fruit, a juice maker, cold meats, pastries, croissants...the list is endless. Oh, and if you want to really enjoy your holiday, there is prosecco as well!

Would I recommend? Yes.
Would I stay here again? Yes.
No question.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is modern and feels more like a business hotel as a result, but what a great place to be overall. Others have covered its features well - great location, super well maintained, beautiful roof-top pool, outstanding staff, and extensive breakfast buffet. I would not hesitate to stay here again. I wish we would have stayed longer on this trip.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trvlr575
Bruno_Amuro, Direttore at Hotel Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear guest, thank you so much for your very positive comments about the Plaza after your recent stay. We are very pleased that you found our hotel super well-maintained and our staff outstanding. We too wish you would have stayed longer. Why not plan a future longer stay at the Plaza then? We look forward to your return.
Kind regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect in every way. The rooms are spacious and clean, the rooftop pool is nice for sunbathing, the staff is helpful and polite, the location is perfect and the breakfast offers all you could ask for. We also appreciated the gym. Strongly recommended:)

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It was my wife and I's second time in sorrento but I wish we had chosen the hotel plaza for our first visit great hotel great staff and a great location 50 meter walk to the main square I would've given the hotel 10/out of 10 but the only down side was the pool area was a little small but the views from the pool and sky bar made up up for that we will be back soon

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat B
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have just returned from a fantastic week in beautiful Sorrento. The Plaza hotel is the perfect base for exploring the stunning Amalfi coast. The Hotel is 100m from the Piazza Tasso which is the heart of Sorrento and lined with restaurants, bars and shops to suit everyone. The hotel is modern and very clean with excellent facilities. The choice and quality of food is very good and varied. The rooftop sundeck has a bar and an infinity pool with stunning views towards Vesuvius,the Bay of Naples and the mountains surrounding the town. The room was very clean and comfortable and all the staff are very friendly and welcoming and cannot to do enough to help. Carlo in particular was very helpful and always willing to take time to advise on local culture and places to visit. A great holiday at a great hotel in wonderful Italy. We will be back. Grazie mille !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family