“Great friendly service”

Ranked #41 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
London, United Kingdom
“Great friendly service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Great friendly receptionist who would do her best to help us at any time. Rooms are clean, we had a studio which had a small kitchenette. The utensils weren't very clean but we did not use them. There was no daily cleaning service for the room. If we wanted it cleaned it would have cost €10 per day so we opted not to have this. The receptionist would happily bring us toilet rolls and towels when we called her. Location was perfect, right near Tasso Square. Would recommend la basilica restaurant for fresh local food.

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Croydon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a triple room and were placed on the third floor. Everything was white and then coloured pillows and pictures to make it stand out. The room had multi coloured led lights which were really cool. The same in the bathroom, we had a waterfall shower and you could turn the main light off and put the led lights on. I slept on the sofa bed which was extremely comfortable! We also had a safe, a fridge and tea and coffee facilities. We were also lucky enough to get a terrace which was really nice to sit on. The room had a flat screen tv on the wall and you could attempt to use the Internet on it but the tv kept flicking and there were no english channels. Really good free wifi. Reception were really helpful when out air con didn't work very well and went out of their way to fix it. This is a great location in the centre we walked everywhere. If you are a light sleeper you may need ear plugs because of the bar downstairs but the music doesn't go on too late. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

First of all, the directions given on the hotel site were not correct so finding the place was not as straight forward as it could have been. At first sight the suite (room 101) was very clean and had everything that was needed. I went to use the bathroom and sat down on the toilet for the seat to move as it was loose/broken. The hand towel I went to use had a long dark hair on it (we are both blonde so definitely not ours) so I got that replaced. We asked about a safe and were told there was a communal safe available, but how safe that would be is highly questionable. The outside patio area was furnished but it was filthy with lots of ingrained dirt. The area in general needed some TLC. There was a drying rack but this was rusted in parts.
The shower provided 50s maximum periods of hot water and at one point I had it on the hottest setting to only get cold water. After using the shower on the last night I left the bathroom and slipped and banged my head on the opposite wall, injuring my knee at the same time. The shower had leaked out into the little hallway. Luckily I had a towel round my hair which prevented the injury from being too bad as there was a mirror on the wall which I could have hit and ended up covered in shards of broken glass. After I had composed myself I went to get the lady on reception which was next door. She was very apologetic and went to get some ice for my head. Her advice was to be careful when using the shower. I also had to prompt her to get a mop. I really was not happy as it was quite dangerous and if it had happened to an older person/child it could have been alot worse. I asked to speak to her boss but she said they were not available. I told her I would have to report it. She was not happy with this and asked me not to as it would cause a problem for her, but I said I had to. She left and shortly returned with a bottle of Prosecco. This was not the best idea for someone who had just hit their head! I did not know if this gift was a bribe or a genuine apology so I left it there.

Room Tip: Room 101 was next to reception so was noisy.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Dawn889
Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Can't beat the location for getting to everything in Sorrento as this place is just off the main square. However, it is a very busy area and the street outside the hotel is the main bus/taxi/scooter & pedestrian route down to the harbor, with a very narrow sidewalk, so is always jammed with traffic and tourists. Also there is a bar at street level beneath the hotel which was very rowdy some nights.
So, be sure to take your earplugs and try to get a room at the back if possible.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is few steps down from mains square in Sorrento .
We has a small 1 bed apartment for 5 nights .
It had separate bedroom kitchen with everything you need to cook simple food and cute little outdoor area for clothes drying etc.
If your English speaking there is a girl Marianna who could not have been more helpful and speaks very good English .
We had 103 Only one fault was very noisy plumbing but what the heck . Can live with that. Not sure about they neighbours but no one complained about the pipes !!!
They have washing machine to use and iron etc for those who need to attend to laundry every now and again .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were visiting Sorrento for our friends' wedding and decided to make it into a weeks holiday. Based on the fact we would be with friends and had various trips planned we made the decision to treat it more as a city break than a 'hotel holiday'. Tasso Suites were the perfect choice for our holiday.

The central location is fantastic, easy walking distance to Piazza Tasso and the Marina (harbour/ port), the bus/ train station!

We had booked a one bedroom apartment as we knew we would want a bit of extra room than a studio would provide. The only negative I have about Tasso Suites would be our arrival. We were given a studio apartment and told we would be 'upgraded' in two days to a larger apartment. We were obviously not happy about this, as it was not a upgrade but actually a two-day downgrade (for which we never received any discount). However it turns out that there may have been some translation issues, as another receptionist came to see us later on and explained about a problem with bookings and provided us with vouchers for free breakfast for the first two nights of our stay (in the studio).

Both apartments we had were lovely. Light, airy, spacious and clean with comfy beds and lovely balconies- (what more can you ask for in such a location). We were nervous that the noise from the road would be disruptive in the night however once the windows are closed (shutters down) it mutes all the noise. We were very impressed with this having prepared ourselves for town centre disruption. The only noise that may disturb you is from within the building, but I don't think we can criticise the owners of the Suites for drunken idiots, or people with a lack of respect for other guests! Only downside in both apartments was that we had to clean all the crockery we pulled out the cupboard before we used it as it was just not clean! No big deal though. Apartments are not brilliantly equipped but we chose not to cook at all. Just had salads and light foods if we were around the apartment.

Really cannot express how great these apartments are, we would not stay anywhere else if we return to Sorrento! All the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Thrid floor had very spacious balconies with lovely furniture. The higher up the building you are th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We had a double room in the back of the building so it was very quiet. Everything we needed including tea pot and fridge. We were in Sorrento for 4 nights and were able to do laundry in our room. The bed was very firm, everything was clean and seemed very new. We especially appreciated the elevator.

Room Tip: If you want quiet make sure you are in the back, the rooms with the terraces in the front are on a b...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple