See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 July 2010

The staff at Hotel Cavour have gone above and beyond for the past year accommodating my group of over 100 students. Dinner, AC and breakfast are all included! The owner Salvatore is a great man who is always willing to work with our groups to keep our company and clients!

Thank you Hotel Cavour!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2009

We paid 80 Euros per night to save money and because of its proximity to the train station. The hotel is filthy and smells bad. Also, I did not feel it was a safe environment as the doors and locks are cheap and flimsy. The staff is uninterested in assisting anyone, but the morning breakfast staff entertained us by having a full out 10 minute argument in front of everyone.

I would rather have paid more and stayed at a cleaner safer hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
CavourSorrento, Proprietario at Hotel Cavour, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2010

Reviewed 10 September 2009

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - as the leader of a school trip, I found that the staff could not have been more helpful: very good with the children and eager to assist. Marilena on the desk was a delight, and we will be staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank DWG71
Reviewed 9 June 2009

This hotel had a decent location within walking distance of Sorrento, but the rooms were not very nice, the staff was not the friendliest, and the food they served was pathetic. It was not great, but not bad for a large student group who were not there for the hotel, but rather the tourism of the area.

• Stayed: November 2007

Dear Sir/Madam,

we inform you that we have a new staff, very warm and friendliest!

New cooking system with the new Chef, and all selected food!

All these problems have been solved, thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2008

I recently went on a trip to Italy with my school. We stayed in Rome for a couple of days then traveled down to Sorrento to stay here.

The first impressions were fantastic, the lounge was clean and we couldn't wait to jump in the pool.

HOWEVER, we were put in rooms downstairs which took over 5 minutes to find as there were no signs to direct us. When we eventually found our rooms it was obvious they had stuck bunk beds in to accomidate us all and the ladders onto the top bunk didnt fit and so I had to jump on a friends bed to get onto the top bunk.

The boys in the room next to us accidently knocked a tile on thier ceiling and the tile came loose and crashed to the floor along with an empty bottle of martini!

Being a vegetarian I had been used to eating cheese salad for dinner each night and so I was expecting that again in the restuarant but no, I was given a fried egg and a lettuce leaf, I'm not a big fan of egg but I was hungry so attempted to eat it but I couldn't even cut through it with the knife I was given.

Anyway, a list of the other problems:
-Our only working electrical socket was in the bathroom
-The main light had come away from the ceiling
-The top and bottom bunk were strapped together with selotape
-The top bunk couldn't support a lot of weight
-The top bunk had sharp spikes under which could have easily taken out the eye of the person on the bottom bunk
-The shower didnt work
-The place was infested with ants, spiders and lizards
-Our wardrobe didn't open
-The windows beside the pool didn't close
-There was blood on the sheets and curtains

Needless to say we moved out the next morning into a stunning hotel down the hill.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank shenzie-pop

Dear Sir/Madam,

(Pictures are generic, could have been taken anywhere....)

this is a very old review, but however all problems have been solved, thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon!

(Pictures are generic, could have been taken anywhere....)