“DISGUSTING PLACE, DO NOT GO THERE”
Review of Hotel Cavour

Hotel Cavour
Ranked #113 of 138 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Tartu, Estonia
“DISGUSTING PLACE, DO NOT GO THERE”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Even animals live in better conditions !! And Hotel Cavour, please don´t answer to this comment with a comment "all problems have been solved", cause there has been no changes.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NamelessfromEstonia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
louisiana
Reviewed 27 April 2011

I spent about 10 days here last August. It is a very basic hotel....I don't think the bar was ever open,no phone or public computer.The water pressure was weak and there was no air in my room. Now the reasons I would probaly stay there again......most of the staff was nice and made an effort to help me when they could,my room was clean,no air but I could open my window and get a breeze, short walk to town and I paid under 50 e and that included a bare breakfast.....but a very enjoyable dinner time meal. One of the things I liked best is that when I stayed there the place was full of Italian families on holiday......

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
Florence, Italy
Reviewed 14 July 2010

The staff at Hotel Cavour have gone above and beyond for the past year accommodating my group of over 100 students. Dinner, AC and breakfast are all included! The owner Salvatore is a great man who is always willing to work with our groups to keep our company and clients!

Thank you Hotel Cavour!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Austin
Reviewed 29 December 2009

We paid 80 Euros per night to save money and because of its proximity to the train station. The hotel is filthy and smells bad. Also, I did not feel it was a safe environment as the doors and locks are cheap and flimsy. The staff is uninterested in assisting anyone, but the morning breakfast staff entertained us by having a full out 10 minute argument in front of everyone.

I would rather have paid more and stayed at a cleaner safer hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
CavourSorrento, Proprietario at Hotel Cavour, responded to this review, 3 June 2010

HOTEL CAVOUR

Travellers are raving about these Sorrento hotels

UK
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough - as the leader of a school trip, I found that the staff could not have been more helpful: very good with the children and eager to assist. Marilena on the desk was a delight, and we will be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank DWG71
Henderson, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2009

This hotel had a decent location within walking distance of Sorrento, but the rooms were not very nice, the staff was not the friendliest, and the food they served was pathetic. It was not great, but not bad for a large student group who were not there for the hotel, but rather the tourism of the area.

• Stayed November 2007
Dear Sir/Madam,

we inform you that we have a new staff, very warm and friendliest!

New cooking system with the new Chef, and all selected food!

All these problems have been solved, thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon!

Perth
Reviewed 8 July 2008

I recently went on a trip to Italy with my school. We stayed in Rome for a couple of days then traveled down to Sorrento to stay here.

The first impressions were fantastic, the lounge was clean and we couldn't wait to jump in the pool.

HOWEVER, we were put in rooms downstairs which took over 5 minutes to find as there were no signs to direct us. When we eventually found our rooms it was obvious they had stuck bunk beds in to accomidate us all and the ladders onto the top bunk didnt fit and so I had to jump on a friends bed to get onto the top bunk.

The boys in the room next to us accidently knocked a tile on thier ceiling and the tile came loose and crashed to the floor along with an empty bottle of martini!

Being a vegetarian I had been used to eating cheese salad for dinner each night and so I was expecting that again in the restuarant but no, I was given a fried egg and a lettuce leaf, I'm not a big fan of egg but I was hungry so attempted to eat it but I couldn't even cut through it with the knife I was given.

Anyway, a list of the other problems:
-Our only working electrical socket was in the bathroom
-The main light had come away from the ceiling
-The top and bottom bunk were strapped together with selotape
-The top bunk couldn't support a lot of weight
-The top bunk had sharp spikes under which could have easily taken out the eye of the person on the bottom bunk
-The shower didnt work
-The place was infested with ants, spiders and lizards
-Our wardrobe didn't open
-The windows beside the pool didn't close
-There was blood on the sheets and curtains

Needless to say we moved out the next morning into a stunning hotel down the hill.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Rooms - Food - Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shenzie-pop
Dear Sir/Madam,

(Pictures are generic, could have been taken anywhere....)

this is a very old review, but however all problems have been solved, thank you for your review, we hope to see you soon!

(Pictures are generic, could have been taken anywhere....)