“Good but not great”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

12 of us chose this steak restaurant on the back of the fantastic reviews. It's great be able to have something a little different from pizza and pasta and the meat was certainly good. A few problems, which may have been down to our Italian rather than the restaurant resulted in some of the party getting raw or at the best extremely rare steak, when they wanted it medium. Service was ok but a little on the slow side, which may have been due to the Wedding happening in it's sister restaurant and the trip to the toilets was certainly an adventure. The restaurant doesn't have one on site, but next door and the gents was occupied by an elder lady!!

Overall my impression was this is a good steak restaurant, but if you been to any of the good ones in New York or London it 's below that standard. And if you want your steak medium rare order it well done!!

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and excellent service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We went to Il Marzialino as we fancied a change from pizza and pasta. Not only did it surprisingly turn out to be the best meal of the holiday, but probably to best dining experience I've ever had!

The service was second to none- polite, charming and nothing was too much trouble (even for the lady across the restaurant who was being particularly difficult!) We were brought a complementary entrée and limoncello to finish our meal and still, we were not even charged the usual italian coperto. The food didn't disappoint either. I had a steak with steakhouse fries and a mixture of homemade relishes. It was incredibly well cooked, tender and not even the tiniest bit of fat. My friend had a gormet burger from the specials board and she was even given a complementary glass of prosecco to go with it! The food was delicious and the portions very generous. This restaurant really is a must!

“Amazing steak!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

My boyfriend and I came here when we fancied a steak. It was amazing! The menu was a little confusing for us as the steaks were priced per 100g. I had a sirloin and my boyfriend had a fillet, both were huge and cooked to perfection. We asked for a green pepper sauce on the side and it was so tasty. We loved it so much that we went back another night and it was just as good. Gutted we didn't get to try the burger as that also looked amazing! Would recommend this to anyone who loves their steak, was brilliant and staff were fab!

Visited July 2014
MK
“Superb quality, huge steaks”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our fortnight in Sorrento and weren't disappointed either time. We had fillet steak and also sirloin which was absolutely enormous and 'almost' defeated y husband - twice! Wine list was extensive and side dishes were generous portions. On the second occasion we visited we managed to starve ourselves all day to fit in desert and were hugely disappointed. Both were frozen still and certainly not of the same quality as the rest of the meal. For a great steak and fine wines this place is perfect, but head to the gelateria's for desert if you can squeeze it in!

Sale, Manchester
“Probably the best fillet steak....ever !”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My Wife and I ate here last week (July 2014) and were treated to the best steak ever. Cooked to perfection, it was a melt in your mouth taste delight. Unfortunately I cannot remember much of the rest of the meal but if there is a better piece of meat, cooked better than this, I would pay a fortune for it !

Prices here were very competitive, the location and ambience were also great. I overheard some American guests also complimenting the waiter on the quality of the food...some had steaks and others had a different dish.

I would highly recommend this restaurant for dinner in Sorrento.

A real pleasure to have found this place and we will be back should we ever be in Sorrento again.

1 Thank Cantona0707