Discovered this gem of a hotel walking around Sorrento.The location is central to all the daily action and night-life -just off one of the main piazzas,Piazza Tasso.Looks inviting from the outside;surprised that room rates affordable! Upon entering the wide lobby, you are greeted by friendly staff at the reception desk. If you're lucky, you may be welcomed by Marco.Such a caring man who genuinely wants your stay to be a great experience.The decor is tasteful southern Italian ( yes,there is such a thing), rooms are well-furnished with spacious bathrooms,windows that open for fresh air,heating and cooling, comfortable bed.There's a terrazzo to naturally top up your daily vitamin D. The Breakfast area is downstairs.The selection of hot and cold food is delicious.Vittorio looked after us warmly.Mangia,mangia is the mantra here! When he is in the kitchen preparing your hot dish,his singing voice is impressive.Very homely- great way to start any day!Late check-out at midday was great.Marco cheerfully allowed me to leave my o'night bag at Reception while I continued my retail research,before then going onto Pompei.
I travel often,so when I find people who not only do their job to the best of their ability and are also proud of their town, Sorrento, I must share this experience. From this hotel,you can easily access the fabulous best-value for money shopping:silk ties,leather goods,stylish swimwear,culinary delights, stunning views,the ferries to Capri, Amalfi. Note: more ferries and destinations are available between mid-April to October. I couldn't get a ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento in November 2009;OK for September/October. I think Capri is overrated so I'd say go for a visit and stay in Sorrento. A short walk to the best 'supermarket' that also has amazing good quality inexpensive Espirit clothes eg. a chic navy blu tanktop 12.50 euros.Internet connections are slow on in this part of southern Italy compared to Australia.TV has CNN,BBC etc.By now you've realised I love this place. It's all there for you to discover at your leisure senza stress.And no, I do not work for La Peninsula Sorrentina tourism.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palazzo Guardati, well-known 4 stars hotel, is located in the historical center of the vivacious Sorrento town, among the more suggestive places of Naples Gulf.Located not far from the sea and absorbed in the characteristic historical center,full of small shops and workshops of the typical Sorrento craftsmanship, it gives to its guests the possibility to live fully the magic Sorrento atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Guardati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Guardati Sorrento
- Palazzo Guardati Hotel Sorrento