We stayed in this hotel on Friday 7th June until Sunday 9th June 2014. We stayed in Room 106. Location and decor of room was excellent and we were initially pleased. However, the loud banging akin to noisy construction work and kitchen machinery was awful. We complained to the hotel receptionist -Marco who did his best to move us to a room that had no noise. Unfortunately as the hotel was almost fully booked this was not an option unless we were prepared to move each night we stayed from one room to another which is not an acceptable option whilst on holiday. I asked to speak to the Hotel Manager and she would not speak to me directly. Instead she relayed through Marco that we could just leave if we didn't like it!!! As Sorrento was really busy, this was not a realistic option. I said we should receive significant discount as we were paying €200 for each night on a B&B basis and the noise was the worst I have ever experienced in a hotel. After an hour of speaking via Marco she agreed to a 10% discount which was insulting. The Management of the hotel did not take our complaint seriously (Even though the receptionist did as he could also hear the noise too). The Management of the hotel did not empower their employees to deal with the problem at all. A very frustrating and disappointing experience from start to finish. The loud noises continued sporadically over the next 2 days and we did not get any rest at all. This is a MAJOR problem in this hotel and unless the senior management get it sorted out and learn the art of customer service and respect, they will never get repeat business and their noisy establishment will become legandary for all the wrong reasons. Beware of this hotel as it may appear beautiful, clean and well located BUT you will NOT have a restful stay and you will pay highly for this experience as it is an expensive hotel and you will suffer from sleep and rest deprivation!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Palazzo Guardati, well-known 4 stars hotel, is located in the historical center of the vivacious Sorrento town, among the more suggestive places of Naples Gulf.Located not far from the sea and absorbed in the characteristic historical center,full of small shops and workshops of the typical Sorrento craftsmanship, it gives to its guests the possibility to live fully the magic Sorrento atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Palazzo Guardati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Guardati Sorrento
- Palazzo Guardati Hotel Sorrento