Sorrento Flats
Hotels.com
US$516
US$407
  • Breakfast included
Grand Hotel De La Ville Sorrento(Sorrento)
US$363
Grand Hotel Ambasciatori(Sorrento)
US$1,100
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationowner luigiflights of stairsamalfi coastgreat place to stayno liftthe main streettiramisufresh pastriesperfect locationother guestssmall fridgecomfortable roomperfect staybreakfast each morningwe loved our staypiazza tasso
Reviewed 12 January 2014

This property was a very pleasant surprise because my daughter and I booked it from the internet ourselves with no other recommendations. The first impression when my friend and I walked into the property assured us that we had made the right choice. The scent of cleanliness permeated the air which impressed us both. The owner, Luigi Scarpati, was absolutely a total pleasure and couldn't do enough to accommodate us. He also made breakfast every morning for us. He also recommended his friend to be our tour director to go to the Amalfi Coast the next day. It was amazing and his friend, Vittoria Rosati (info@vittorioprivatetours.com) was unbelieveable. Sorrento was a wonderful city to stay in and Sorrento Flats was the perfect place to spend your vacation.

Room Tip: Small hotel (6 rooms). Convenient location. Immaculate!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronnie B
SorrentoFlats, Proprietario at Sorrento Flats, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Guest, thank you so much for your excellent comments on Sorrento Flats. Good surprises are always enjoyable, and we are happy Sorrento Flats was a great discovery for you. We are glad to know that you liked our cleanliness, our suggestions for the day tours and last but not the least, our very warm welcome. We would like to invite you to visit Sorrento again!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at sorrento Flats B&b last September and really liked our experience despite our own deception about Amalfi Coast (so touristic and overpriced).

Luigi, Tanya and Emilia were so nice people and welcoming. We felt being home. Rooms were spotless, nice and so well maintained. Rooms have no view on the sea, however really quiet in a noisy but central location.

Luigi was always there to make our stay as agreeable, and did a fantastic job. Nicest property in this price range in Sorrento.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same but some have kitchenette. Can be a good thing as many small markets with local and fresh products.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for the review. We always try to make our guests feel at home, our property is rather small, so we can give a lot of attention to every guest. Glad to know, you liked our spotless, well maintained and quiet rooms in the very heart of Sorrento. We hope you choose Sorrento as you destination again.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We were blown away by Sorrento Flats - the service was excellent, the room well-decorated and sparkling clean, and the location cannot be beat. This is all before even talking about the great value! We will be back for sure! Luigi and Valentina were happy to answer any questions about the local area and served a yummy breakfast each morning. Thank you!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for this magnificent review. Very important to us, that you enjoyed your stay at Sorrento Flats completely. We are improving day by day, by the opinion of our guests. We are very pleased to know that you will choose Sorrento Flats for your future visit! We will be awaiting for you!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Sorrento flats and we will certainly go back. We used it as a base to take our parents to the Amalfi coast and it is ideally located in the centre of Sorrento. The rooms are very clean and spacious and the breakfast was superb. Luigi and Valentina are lovely hosts and happy to provide any help or advice that you need. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Frequent Guest, thank you for your comments. It is always important for us to know, that you liked your second stay same or even more than your first one! We hope to see you soon again in Sorrento, and being able to greet you and your parents!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I reserved a room in this place. I knew that the hotel had an early check-in so when my flight from Lisbon to Rome left 4 hours late, I called and informed the hotel. The man who answered told me to just come on and take the train. This involved 3 different trips from the airport in Rome, 1 to the train station, a train to Naples and then onto Sorrento. I arrived at approximately 9 PM , immediately walked over to the hotel in the rain with a suitcase. When I arrived there was no-one there to answer the door and the door to the place was 3 flights up with no elevator. I finally located a sign with a cell phone no. which I called. The man that answered told me that it was too late so I asked him if he rented out my room and he said "yes". I protested that I had called from Lisbon and if he had not encouraged me to come anyway, I would have stayed in Rome or close by and taken the train the next day. I informed him that I was here in the rain after a very long journey and now with apparently no where to go. He didn't even offer the name of another hotel to call. I walked across the street to the Hotel Sorrento City where the extremely kind hotel reservation clerk helped me to find a room even though his hotel was full. I came back the following night and stayed there and didn't miss the Sorrento Flats at all with its 3 flights up, no service and a bad attitude to boot.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank B D
SorrentoFlats, Proprietario at Sorrento Flats, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear “D B” reviewer of Tripadvisor but not guest of Sorrento Flats,
I remember your voice very well cause your wonderful words at phone, not so much polite!
Thank you for your review, the first terrible of 377.
Sorrento Flats is not an Hotel, we are in the list of Bed and Breakfast on Tripadvisor.
We have a standard check-in time, from 2 to 8 pm. If the guests inform us on time is possible later.
We are so sorry that your flight was delay, but it’s not our fault. It’s true that you called me for the delay, however I told that was not a problem if you arrive before 8,00 PM.
I think that you knew very well that from Rome Airport to Sorrento needs 3 trains, we are sorry we don’t manage the train company in Italy!
We had wait your arrival till 9,00 PM., one hour more the standard check-in time.
I’m sorry that you walk down the rain with luggage, (we are only 2 min fare from Sorrento Station) but I think is normal have a luggage when you go in vacation!
If you’ve read on our website, or any reviews, or on the website page where you booked, is wrote everywhere that we don’t have the elevator and the mobile phone number where you called was wrote on the sign in the main entrance, I’m sorry you haven't read it!
Your room wasn’t rent for all the period of your reservation, and was reported like no-show.
I remember you that you have request an early check-in from 12,00 AM, (we accepted it, without any costs) than your flight was delay and you landed in Rome Airport at 3.00 PM. Normally in 3 hours all our guest reach Sorrento Flats from Rome, you had 6 hours, because we have wait you till 9,00 PM.
In meantime we and the customer service of the website where you booked, tried to call you several times, but nobody answer!
On the way from Rome to Sorrento there is the Pompeii Ruins, starting from Rome at 3.00 PM, You had time to visit them and arrive on time for check in!!!

We are so sorry for what happened, Sorrento Flats has few rules, respect them it was enough!

Best regards