“The Best”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2010

There are some comments on L´Antica Trattoria which makes me wonder if the writers have ever visited L´Antica. I am writing second time on this forum now after our resent visit to Sorrento. The staff,, athmosphere,service and food are all superb.Yes, You dont buy a dinner for two with the price level of pizzerias, but You surely can find menus with
very acceptable prices in LÁntica. This is a restaurant which we have not and will not miss whist visiting Sorrento!
Eski and Sirpa Espoo Finland

Reviewed 4 August 2010

Sorrento is expensive, so just accept that. We were on Honeymoon and money was really not an issue but, that aside, what you still hope to find is attentive service, attention to detail and not to feel like an undervalued tourist.

The staff kindly moved us inside when we didn't want to be sat next to smokers on the terrace. Thumbs up. After we turned down the pre-dinner prosecco inside however, service seemed to slip. They still tried to charge us EUR 16.00 at the end of dinner for this treat though, so mind your bill at the end (looked like it came with some nice canopes, so go for it if you want to).

The romantic dinner was also intruded half way through as well by the amateur opera singer. I love background music, don't get me wrong, but when you have to cease conversation until they have finished then it goes beyond just adding to the ambience.

Great menu though and good recommendations on the wine. No complaints about the food and would eat there again if we were back in Sorrento for a few days. If you only have one or two nights there though, Caruso is a much better experience for a very similar price.

Reviewed 28 July 2010

Great ambiance and was super entertained during my meal. However, I was not impressed by the food. The value sure wasn't worth it.

Reviewed 28 July 2010

Good service, although the waiter asked us to write a review. We didn't order main course, the price is very high. The ordered pasta, 12Euro in the manu, grew up to 17 because it was ordered as main course. the "Coperto" cost 5 Euro each person, which is very very high. Drinks as well. But - it was the best pasta we have had in Italy. So if you are ready to pay a lot for a good meal, this is a place for you.

1  Thank merhavd
Reviewed 27 July 2010

My husband and I had dinner at L'Antica Trattoria toward the end of our honeymoon and we had a fabulous time. Our server Salvo was friendly, accommodating and helpful with the menu choices. The "house" prosecco was delicious and we shared a bottle of Argentinean red that was amazing (I can't remember the name). We decided on the 50 euro "all inclusive" dinner. I had the raw fish sampler and it was exquisite! The quality and freshness was as good, if not better than at home in New England where we get very fresh seafood. Next were the homemade ravioli which were fresh and delicious, cooked al dente which is how I prefer my pasta and then the crispy sea bass which again was cooked perfectly. The "star" of the evening was my husband's lamb chops which were cooked to such delicate perfection that he persuaded me to try them and I loved them! At home I find lamb to be too "gamey" for my taste. After 3 courses we were completely satiated and decided to forego dessert and head straight for the local limoncello. It was the first time we have had limoncello as an after dinner drink and found it to be the perfect way to end a perfect meal. During dinner there was an impromptu performance by an American opera singer named Angela whose beautiful voice filled the streets and caught the attention of all passerby's. It was a delightful way to end the meal and we plan on going back next time we are in Sorrento.