“Perfect hotel if you have a car”

Hotel Prestige Sorrento
Ranked #27 of 100 Hotels in Sorrento
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with Hotel Prestige. We enjoy staying outside of the tourist trap areas, so this was perfect for us. We took advantage of the hotel's shuttle twice - once to visit Sorrento's city center for an afternoon and once to catch the ferry to Capri. Other than that we drove our rental car along the coast to visit the other towns and to go out to dinner (the hotel receptionists gave great dinner recommendations). If you get easily car sick you may not want to stay up in the hills as the drive has a lot of twists and turns, but this was not a problem for us. The hotel also has a great pool, garden area and roof deck. The room was spacious for a European hotel and clean. Try the Panoramic Restaurant that is affiliated with the hotel one night and enjoy a local dinner with a great view of the landscape.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
PrestigeSorrento, Proprietario at Hotel Prestige Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2012

Dear Guest,
we thank you for your precious contribution. We are happy to have realized the best experience you deserve, as you have been noted “your satisfaction is our best reward” ! We are waiting for you again as our Guest for your next holiday in Sorrento. Best Greetings.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,387)

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed there for 3 days with my mother. It was nice! The staff is very friendly. I recomend their restaurant Panorama too. Excellent food and price!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JuGaio
PrestigeSorrento, Proprietario at Hotel Prestige Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable contribution! we hope to see you soon again like our guest. Best Regards

Reviewed 1 July 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Prestige May 29th of this year and wow what a great place it is!!!!!! We tell everyone we know how wonderful the experience was. The Hotel restaurant food and service was great. The Hotel rooms and grounds were very clean. We loved it all so much that we decided that Sorrento and Hotel Prestige will be our honeymoon destination! And the views are fantastic, even while in the clouds.........

Room Tip: Hotel Prestige offers shuttle to town.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KerryTara052912
PrestigeSorrento, Proprietario at Hotel Prestige Sorrento, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2012

Dear Guest,
we are happy to know that your holiday was a wonderful time in our beautiful area, thank you for your kindly words about our panoramic position...This is one of hallmarks of our Hotel.
Hoping to welcome you here as our Guest for your next trip in Sorrento!
Best Greetings

Reviewed 1 July 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a super relaxing week at the Hotel Prestige which is a few miles outside Sorrento and high in hills. The staff were first class and were friendly and professional at all times. Our room on the second floor over looking Sorrento was an average size but this was more than made up for by the large private terrace and access to a further shared terrace with sun loungers and parasols.The hotel ran a shuttle bus into Sorrento and to a local restaurant in the evening. We ate at the hotel twice in the evening but found the meals just OK. However breakfast and lunches were of a very high quality. All in all we would return for another relaxing break.

Room Tip: Second floor with a sea view and private terrace was perfect.

Dear Guest,
We thank you for your words, it's a pleasure to know that you have appreciate our work an you sojourn with us, we thank you again and we would be happy to have you back like our guest in future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stayed here for one night in June and had a very pleasant experience. I was greeted on reception by a very friendly woman who gave me lots of information and upgraded me to a room with a private terrace-this made my last night in Sorrento extra special. I was able to order room service (which is no extra cost and good value for money) and eat it outside watching the sun set over the sea...beautiful.

As I was travelling alone on this occasion my room was very small but adequate for the 1 night-had I been staying longer I think I may have felt a bit claustrophobic!

I had breakfast in the morning which by Italian standards was good and lots of choice (most Italian breakfasts are pretty awful and just consist of cake and jam!).

I arranged a private taxi to the airport through the hotel as my flight back from Naples was early in the morning, although it was costly it was worth it for the convenience as the hotel is a good 20 minute drive from any transport in Sorrento centre. Please bear in mind if you are here to sightsee in Sorrento it may be a little far out, but it is the perfect place to chill out!

The hotel rates itself as a 4 star-I would probably coming from London give it 3.5 stars. Marked down for small points such as non fluffy towels and small pool area.

Many thanks for a lovely stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hotel Prestige in June. The location was fantastic for views and relaxation with a fine pool, though slightly arduous for travel without a car. HP does offer shuttles to Sorrento which work very well in the mornings and evenings. Occasionally they might be able to offer a shuttle outside their schedule. And buses are available. There is a good restaurant nearby - Panorama - also with fantastic views for which a shuttle is also provided. It sells wine from the farm which is worth trying despite the low price. HP Rooms were fine - with balconies even better! Staff were very pleasant and helpful and the minibar prices were very reasonable. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms had large balconies for lazy cocktails and sunbathing

Best Greetings

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Staff simply fantastic, and so were the view and premises as well. Location slightly distant, but shuttle service works if you do not wish to drive. Try also nearby restaurant Il Panorama ( shuttle service from the hotel), cosy family-owned place with very good foor, very reasonable prices and extremely friendly service.
One of the nicest hotels I ' ve ever been.

Room Tip: Upper floors with sea view recommended, you do not hear traffic

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your valuable contribution! Delighted that you have enjoyed your holiday in Sorrento with us, we hope to see you soon again like our guest. Best Regards