“A gem of authenticity and friendly service.”
Review of La Capannina

La Capannina
Reserve with
La Capannina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 120 Restaurants in Capri
Price range: US$35 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The "la capannina" restaurant since 1931 is situated just 100 meters from the famous capri square and has been a "must" stop for many steady aficionados throughout the years, as well as celebrities and elite. Among these "la capannina" has hosted jackie and aristotele onassis, marcello mastroianni, christian de sica, julia roberts, dustin hoffman, zucchero fornaciari, uma thurman, sylvester stallone, kirk and michael douglas, katherine zeta jones, michael kors, jerry springer, danny de vito, anne hathaway, dino and aurelio de laurentiis and many, many more.the convivial family atmosphere created by owners antonio and aurelia de angelis and their son francesco and daughter renata make up the ingredients which guarantee the "capannina's" continuing success."La capannina's" menu features much of the traditional and delicious cuisine of this beautiful island. There is a tempting selection of local specialities including spaghetti with scorpion fish sauce, homemade scialatielli pasta with seafood, boiled prawns on bed of chickpea puree, stuffed calamari and fresh fish.
Dublin, Ireland
“A gem of authenticity and friendly service.”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We enjoyed a very good dinner - warm welcoming staff, lovely ambience and good food. The very charming owner took our order and made very helpful suggestions to enable us make our choices. The prices are reasonable and the food is very good. The restaurant is an oasis in a very busy and overpriced tourist town.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Taormina (Me)
“Most enjoyable family restaurant with simply presented home cooking!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I dined here twice in my three nights in Capri.The warm personal welcome along with well prepared fresh meals and excellent value made a welcome change to haute cuisine menus. The ravioli caprese rates a special mention along with the Roman style tripe and mulberry crepes. I highly recommend a casual meal in this charming restaurant.

melbounre
“Jackie O liked it and so did I”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had the most wonderful broccoli and lentil soup here, home made fat free vegetarian but full of flavour. Soups are never over salted in Italy. I regretted ordering a second course for I wanted another soup the bowl was shallow. Second course was linguine with red mullet it was in a slightly chilli sauce but my husband who does not like spice didn't even notice it. They chose an excellent red wine by the glass. We spoke to the owner who knew Jackie a fun evening with good food

Toronto, Canada
“Great place for lunch in Capri”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Visited this place with my wife and picked it out of a lot of restaurants in the area and we are very happy we did.

The staff was so nice. Explained to us everything we wanted to know and even made some changes to the fixes menu for us.

The food was very good, better than other places we checked days before.
Price is very reasonable as well.

Recommend to visit if you are in the area.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Just OK”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I went here for dinner one night during our stay in Capri. The atmosphere is nice, and they have a good wine selection. However, the food was just OK, in my opinion. My husband got the ravioli caprese, which was good, and a chicken dish, which we both found to be bland. I got the seafood risotto, which I was not a big fan of. It really wasn't a risotto... more like some slightly under-cooked rice with seafood in it. Didn't have that creamy risotto texture I was looking for. I feel it was overpriced for what we got, but the service was friendly. There are better restaurants on the island, so I would not return.

• Visited May 2014