“Good restaurant ... and service”
Review of La Savardina - CLOSED

La Savardina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Worth visiting while in Capri. Good food, prices and service.

3  Thank AlanG55

Reviewed 24 July 2011

We liked this restaurant so much that we went there twice. It is a long walk from the Piazzetta to get there, but the food is amazing. The place is very nice as well. I loved the lemon trees around the tables.

The owner and her staff were very attentive, and the prices were fair. This was definitely my favorite restaurant in Capri. I highly recommend it!

6  Thank rbravo
Reviewed 21 November 2010

This was one of our favorite meals during our trip to Italy. Everything we ate here was delicious, and I still long for the grilled mozzarella with lemon leaves. Atmosphere is homey, and service was warm. Price was very reasonable given quality of food -- we ordered a fair amount (including pre-dinner drinks and wine) and our bill was still less than we had had elsewhere. Bonus: complimentary shots of lemoncello at the end of dinner. While its a bit off the beaten path, its not a strenuous walk by any means, and it is nice to get away from the crowded central part of Capri.

7  Thank blondedawn
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Wonderful setting in a citrus orchard/garden located down the hill from Villa Jovis. If you go to the villa in the am reward yourselves & go here for lunch. Very reasonable, super freash ingredients. We had wonderful lightly fried mixed appetizer, terrific pasta & veal.

6  Thank dc1sanibel
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We were looking for a good restaurant and read some very positive reviews on this site, so we decided to go "off the beaten path" make the very long trek (about a 20 minute walk) from the main piazza area to this restaurant. There were only 6 other diners in a very large space, which made for a very quiet and awkward dining experience. I can't fault the food, the fried squash blossoms were great and the pastas very good. What completely soured this experience for me was that the proprietor, knowing we were tourists, decided to charge us a 2 euro cover each AND a 10% service charge. We had been traveling all around italy for a month, and had never seen this at any other restaurant. Tipping in Italy is not common, so many restaurants charge a 1 to 2 euro cover for bread and service. We came across a service charge at one restaurant in Florence, but they didn't charge cover (as these two charges are essentially the same thing). I am certain the proprietor would not have charged any of her italian guests a cover charge AND a service charge, but she decided to scam us because we are tourists thinking we didn't know any better or wouldn't notice. This is really dishonest behavior. We were tired from traveling and decided not to argue with he but it really did sour our evening, our last night of our honeymoon in Italy. The funny thing is we were tipping 10% at restaurants anyways, so they didn't need to scam us. I wouldn't give this restaurant my business, as I am sure there are many honest restaurants with good food in Capri. We liked Buca di Bacco for instance.

1  Thank chenbow