“The Italian love of food is in this restaurant”
Review of La Savardina - CLOSED

La Savardina
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Edinburgh
“The Italian love of food is in this restaurant”
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

We went for lunch here following during a trip to Capri. It's a half jour from the centre if Capri, if you don't get lost.

It is an outdoor terrace with lemon and lime trees overhanging. I can't say that I saw any spectacular views from here but it was still pleasant and shaded and nice to get out of the touristy part of Capri.

I enjoyed a lovely courgette flower starter followed by lemon linguine. The portions of both were very generous and that was sharing the starter between two. The pasta was fresh and just the right side of all dente. Bill was about 25 euros each with two soft drinks, a perfect espresso and a dessert between two. Excellent value for the quality if this food.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Beautiful setting away from the main drag”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

This is very nice restaurant in quiet residential area just few minutes walk from "centro". It has pleasant seating under thick lemon trees and spectacular view of sunset. Don't miss their fresh squeezed lemon juice. We shared several appetizers (I highly recommend marinated sardines, they are so nice and fresh, mixed vegetables: grilled pieces of assorted vegetables. I wasn't all that excited about fried zucchini flowers: they were way too doughy.) The prices were fair, much more reasonable than elsewhere in Capri. We found this gem on our last night in Capri, otherwise we would definitely go back.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank VeronicaWashingtonDC
New York
“felt taken advantage of being a tourist”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Today was my final meal (lunch) in Capri after a 3 night stay. The owner of my hotel (la Tosca which I love) gave me several different recommendations of places to eat. I had come rom Villa Jovis so the location was convenient for me.

I went in and it was lovely outdoor seating amongst plants and lemon trees with a covered terrace. I had the arrugala & cherry tomato salad which was quite sparse comapred to all the other places I had been and the lemon fettucine which I thought to be delicious. The bread they gave me did not seem fresh, but at least a day or so old.

The waiter did not speak much English which is ok since I am in Italy and do not expect everyone to know my language. At the end of the meal I asked for espresso and he never brought it. I asked again and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. When I was given my check which I believe was the owner or manager at the very least there was a cover charge (I believe 2.50euro) and then a 10% service charge which in my opinion was ridiculous. Not one other place I ate at in Capri or Italy charged me both a cover and a service charge. I even told the person that he he said everywhere in Capri charges both.

The only thing I can think of is at the other restaurants I remembered to ask for the person that the owner of my hotel told me about, however in this one I forget to ask and mention that it was recommended I go. Perhaps in all the other places I would have been paying both cover and service, but I do not know if the service was waived due to the recommendation.

I would not go back or recommend it because of this. Too many other choices in Capri.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank MiriamLisa
Valletta
“Good restaurant ... and service”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Worth visiting while in Capri. Good food, prices and service.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank AlanG55
Sweden
“Amazing restaurant in Capri”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We liked this restaurant so much that we went there twice. It is a long walk from the Piazzetta to get there, but the food is amazing. The place is very nice as well. I loved the lemon trees around the tables.

The owner and her staff were very attentive, and the prices were fair. This was definitely my favorite restaurant in Capri. I highly recommend it!

• Visited June 2011