“Fabulous- best meal we had on Capri”
Review of La Savardina - CLOSED

La Savardina
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2010

Wonderful setting in a citrus orchard/garden located down the hill from Villa Jovis. If you go to the villa in the am reward yourselves & go here for lunch. Very reasonable, super freash ingredients. We had wonderful lightly fried mixed appetizer, terrific pasta & veal.

6  Thank dc1sanibel

Reviewed 4 October 2010

We were looking for a good restaurant and read some very positive reviews on this site, so we decided to go "off the beaten path" make the very long trek (about a 20 minute walk) from the main piazza area to this restaurant. There were only 6 other diners in a very large space, which made for a very quiet and awkward dining experience. I can't fault the food, the fried squash blossoms were great and the pastas very good. What completely soured this experience for me was that the proprietor, knowing we were tourists, decided to charge us a 2 euro cover each AND a 10% service charge. We had been traveling all around italy for a month, and had never seen this at any other restaurant. Tipping in Italy is not common, so many restaurants charge a 1 to 2 euro cover for bread and service. We came across a service charge at one restaurant in Florence, but they didn't charge cover (as these two charges are essentially the same thing). I am certain the proprietor would not have charged any of her italian guests a cover charge AND a service charge, but she decided to scam us because we are tourists thinking we didn't know any better or wouldn't notice. This is really dishonest behavior. We were tired from traveling and decided not to argue with he but it really did sour our evening, our last night of our honeymoon in Italy. The funny thing is we were tipping 10% at restaurants anyways, so they didn't need to scam us. I wouldn't give this restaurant my business, as I am sure there are many honest restaurants with good food in Capri. We liked Buca di Bacco for instance.

1  Thank chenbow
Reviewed 23 September 2010

After reading the reviews I demanded we come here for lunch. It felt like it took forever to get there and like we were making it to the other side of the island to get to this place. The view was not so great. The food so so and I think you can find just as good in town. Raviolis were fantastic, and so were the fried vegetable. Chicken - NO and Salad - NO, We were upset to waste half day for a so so experience...and i really wanted to love this place! Don't say I didn't warn you!

1  Thank LadyJC12
Reviewed 15 July 2010

La Savardina is a special place far from the crowds of Capri, but worth every step. My wife and I first discovered it in 1984, when we were headed to the the Villa Tiberius. You dine under lemon trees, groaning with fruit, and eat the most wonderful food at very reasonable prices. We returned in 1988, and then just came back this year. We were thrilled to discover it was still going strong. The original owner Eduardo unfortunately passed away a couple of years agao but his daughter and daughter in law maintain the family tradition. We ate there twice this last trip because we loved it so much. You must have the zucchini flowers dipped in batter and the lemon linguine. Everything is fresh and just picked. Absolutely divine.

2  Thank geldolphMcLeanVA
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My husband and I spent almost 3 wonderful weeks on the Isle of Capri. This was our 2nd trip to this beautiful island. On our first trip we went to La Savardina and met Eduardo. Well, Eduardo was not going to be there as he was opening another restaurant in another country. But, we had the pleasant surprise of meeting Liliana, Eduardo's mother. Do not picture an "old" woman. She is far from old, beautiful outside and in and the most warm welcoming smile one could ever see. Now, the food, we had ravioli caprese, zucchini parmesian, insalata pomodora and STEAK & FRIES!!!! Everything was amazing, especially the steak and fries. After being in Italy for almost 3 weeks, we were ready for something a bit non Italian and the steak we were presented was INCREDIBLE. We loved la Savardina so much we went 4 times and plan on going there again on our next trip, next year and meet up with Liliana and possibly Eduardo who was sadly missed.

2  Thank rikki1NewEngland