“Very Disappointing”

Price range: US$90 - US$179
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dinner in a magnificent and quiet lemon garden. Selection of local products Buffet of seafood. Meats and fishes grilled Selection of meat, aged in a fridge with Himalaya-pink salt Home-made cakes, wild berries and iceCream Now it is closed for the season Opening on April 2017
Sydney, Australia
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This restaurant was recommended by our hotel and other guests who eaten there 10 years ago on their honeymoon.

The setting is very pretty but the staff inexperienced, slow and disconnected with the patrons.

I ordered pasta with zucchini flowers which I had been told was one of their signature dishes. It was inedible (and I will eat just about everything). The zucchini flowers were past their used by date and very bitter, it made me gag. When my husband and I informed the staff, the manager (owner?) offered to prepare another dish but we had already been there for over an hour and we did not want to wait.

We spoke to the guests that recommended Da Paolino Lemontrees the next morning and they too had not enjoyed their experience and were disappointed with the dramatic increase in the size of the restaurant. When they last dined there it was small and intimate.

There are many wonderful restaurants in Capri, much better than Lemontrees. I am amazed it still holds its reputation - perhaps not for much longer. Don't waste your time or money eating here.

1 Thank Diana R
Lemontrees1, Proprietario at Da Paolino Lemon Trees, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
We were so sorry about these, and gave you our excuses,
We always do the best to make our clients happy, when we miss something...

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
“Magical setting.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

There is no place like Da Paolino, dining under the lemon trees is an experience anyone going to Capri must have.

Went there twice during our stay and loved it both times. Food is very good, straightforward Caprese cuisine. I guess if you're looking for fussy food, it might disappoint, but who wants that on Capri?

Service was very nice both times. Just gorgeous place. Great scene, too. Ran into many international friends.

• Visited June 2014
Woodbury, New York
“Tourist place”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

A tourist place in a nation of fantastic restaurants, I was unimpressed. Food was just OK. Setting was very pretty, service was uninspired.

1 Thank docsatraveller
Sao Paulo, SP
“Dinner under your very own lemon tree”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent our last dinner in Capri at da Paolino and were very happy with the experience.

One memory that stands out is that the portions are huge! I nearly cried when I saw the size of my starter, I could have made a whole dinner out of it! I had the insalata caprese - mozzarella, tomato and rucola. So you may want to share that appetizer if you order it.

Another member of our party ordered 'mozzarella al limone' as a starter, which is a grilled mozzarella with a large lemon leaf on top, a new experience and worth a try!

It´s not a formal restaurant, and I saw a few ladies dressed 'to the nines' and they looked a little out of place. It´s also a bit touristy as they have mandolin guitar players singing throughout the restaurant. But it´s not so much that it bothers you, if anything, it´s funny and charming.

We ordered a grilled fish as our second dish and again, came quite a large portion. Good quality and fresh.

We had no dessert as one might imagine given the prior dishes. However you are offered limoncello (I dare say 'all you can drink' because they kept coming by and offering more)

We were able to book the day of our dinner but got a table only at 10pm so if you really want to go here try booking further in advance for an earlier table.

Interestingly, it was the best value dinner we had in Capri.

Bryn Mawr, PA
“Service and Food Need Improvement”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Yes, the lemons hanging over the tables are charming, but careless and uncaring service is not. The popularity of the restaurant has apparently led to the complacency of the owners. With hardly any tables occupied at the beginning of the evening, the waiters stood in clusters chatting or wandered about casually rather than take our order. Once a waiter approached, errors were made, such as being told Scotch was not available when in fact the menu lists half a page of Scotches. Some of the errors seemed due to a language barrier while others were just the result of sloppiness, such as the arrival of a side order of grilled vegetables after we had completely finished our meal. The food was okay, nothing special. Simple grilled fish was tasty, as it should be -- it's hard to get that wrong. The disappointing Spaghetti Paolino, though, sat in an odd-tasting grayish sauce with overcooked, unidentifiable ingredients. There are much better places to go on Capri than this one.

Visited July 2014