“Wonderful stay”

Ranked #17 of 47 Capri B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 24 September 2011

What a lovely experience to stay at La Musa. Peppe and his wife are so lovely and kind and made our time in Capri even more enjoyable.
As soon as we arrived we were informed of places to visit and not pay out high tourist rates.
The accommodation was just a short walk from the centre of Capri and the view from our balcony was lovely.
Will definatey recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank de33ie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I chose this B&B because of the already very good reviews in Trip Advisor and to be able to experience Capri with my daughter at an affordable price. What I found was beyond my expectations! The location enabled us to walk to Marina Piccola , the Piazzetta, great restaurants (frequented by locals!), night club, disco, supermarket , church, great shopping and to the funicular (which easily takes you to the Marina Grande and the port area)!
We were literally treated like family by Costanza and Romolo! In fact, the friend we were with asked me if they were family!!! They are warm, extremely accommodating, “down-to-earth good” people! There wasn’t a whim or need of ours they did not attend to. If you are lucky enough to visit there, don’t be afraid to ask….more than likely they can and are happy to accommodate you. Romolo arranged (for a minimal cost), a private boat tour of the island with Franco! We felt like the “rich and famous”. We even got to swim in/through one of the many grottos he took us to. What a memorable experience!
The accommodations are simple, but comfortable and clean! We even had a balcony with a water view! Our breakfast (which is included) was served outdoors, in a courtyard under the Capri sky shaded by grapevines and fruit trees.
Many, many thanks Costanza and Romolo! If I am blessed to be able to visit Capri again, I will be sure to come back “home” to you at La Musa! -Anna

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Only a short walk from the centre of Capri and the beach at Marina Piccolo, La Musa is in a perfect location. The room we stayed in was clean, quiet and comfortable. What really marks La Musa out is its hosts. Even through language barriers they are incredibly friendly and welcoming, and thoroughly devoted to their guests. There is nowhere else that we would stay if we return to Capri.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JessP22
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 7 June 2011

We visited seven areas of Italy recently, and found La Musa & Capri the most beautiful of all. The B&B is walking distance to town, with all the restaurants, shops etc and is also only a 15 min walk downhill to the small harbor & beach. The units are very clean, attractive, a nice courtyard to have breakfast, and the staff is amazing. Romolo & Peppe both speak English, and are the best hosts one could expect when travelling. They really make you feel at home. Romolo even went out of his way to drive us to the boat, when my wife had difficulty walking due to her health. I couldnt give a higher recommendation to any place we have stayed.
Ann & Earl
Scottsdale, Arizona

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ham32
Reviewed 25 October 2010

I went to Capri for a friend's wedding and didn't want to spend a lot of money on my lodging. After reading a review of La Musa Bed & Breakfast, on Trip Advisor, I emailed to get rates and availability. They replied very quickly and after several emails with my questions, I made the reservation. It is located away from all the hustle and bustle of the center of town, but only about a 5-minute walk to the center. I arrived much later than anticipated and Romolo waited for me and showed me the room. They have 3 rooms, one with a "sea view", which I took. Technically, it does look out to the water, but it's not the sweeping ocean view that other places might have. It was perfect for my needs and I got to see plenty of Capri and the ocean. The charm of the grapevines hanging over the sunken dining patio at the B&B was endearing. They served a typical Italian breakfast in the morning and helped me take care of a slight laundry issue that I had. I would highly recommend this quaint B&B for those who want a nice, charming place to stay, but don't want to use as much of your budget as you might on a hotel. There is no Wi-Fi, but I wouldn't expect it here, either. One thing to keep in mind is that they do not accept credit cards.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank ocayd
St.Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We arrived to Capri after 10 days travel through the 'must see' Italian cities (Venice, Florence, Siena, Roma, etc) in a search of relax and we definitely found it in La Musa.
B&B was pretty easy to find (following the instructions we received in an email from the owner). The location is great- everything is in walking distance: Piazetta, funicular to Grand Marina, Marina Piccola beach. Big supermarket (where you can buy fruits, water and everything else you need) is just around the corner. Nicely treated garden with lemons, kiwis, apricots, vines adds a charm to the place and creates a good shadow terrace where you can hide from a heat. Our tripple room with the air-conditioner, balcony, WC and shower was big enough and the beds were comfortable.
The owners deserve a separate word: Costanza and Romolo were the most welcome owners I'd ever met. They always asked whether we needed something and were the most helpful. Romolo advised us the cheapest way to get to Grotto Azzurro and we were able to swim there without tourist crouds. Costanza always talked to us in Italian and even gave us a lesson of 'Cucina Italiana' (Italian Cuisine).
To resume: considering the prices in Capri B&B La Musa seem to be one of the best value for money options and I would recommend it for budget travellers who would like to feel themselves a bit of Italian :)

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank tigerski
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 7 May 2010

A small family b@b place. near by the center. simple and clean .

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple