“very nice hotel but so many dissapointments with service..”

Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Dubai
“very nice hotel but so many dissapointments with service..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Hotel and rooms are very nice if you choose sea view room..Some stuff are quite helpful aswell. But hotel location is very far from any activities so you need to take shuttle or taxi everyday to go somewhere.

We went there for honeymoon and we told them this and we expected some gesture in return(fruits, wine etc).. as all hotels are doing it to honeymoon couples. But nothing..
And at checkout day , we asked for max 30 min flexibility for late checkout, and they didnt accept.

Room Tip: Room with sea view is a must!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

we stayed at hotel villa marina in august for two nights. the hotel is not at the top where the town is, it's sort of three quarters way down. when in capri you should really stay closer to the town. they ran an effective shuttle bus to the town. the pool is incredibly small. our room was really dark with no door to the bathtub/shower which was odd. the food was absolutely delicious, that was the best part about the hotel. i also found the hotel sparsely staffed, although, again, very nice people. i wouldn't return because of the location and the dark room.

Room Tip: ask for something overlooking the marina, our room faced the back and was weirdly positioned
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank marybeth b
villamarinacapricom, Direttore at Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Dear Mrs Marybeth,

Thanks for sharing with us your vacation experience at Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa ....and I wonder if you have had originally the proper indication on the property...
as stated on website and everywhere feature the hotel ....the unique selling point is to be OUTSIDE OF THE CROWD AND BUZZY CENTRE OF CAPRI....
we are one of the unique hotel with huge park facing the gulf of Naples with openview on the Marina and their sunset on Amalfitan coast.
Villa Marina starting from a classical room categories around 25 mq size up to 100mq for a Pool Suite is distingued from his unique rooms like Castello Malaparte Neruda Munthe Carmelina all personality that made a mark in Capri with its unique decoration and art pieces....
unique amenities also ...welcome drink in our gardens with chefs specialties....pick up on arrival and departure ...shuttle service from to piazzetta Caprì....wellness session at Stai Spa .....
This is the difference between overstay in the centre Piazzetta or close by.......

Waiting forward to have you soon here again to cudle with our exquisite cuisine at Ziqu Restaurant and at our luxury Stai Spa .

Remaining at your complete disposal with our sincerely regards
Hotel Manager
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

Yes the only thing is this super amazing hotel is best for couples and well it was my sister and I visiting the coast, so I would say its a MUST STAY for honeymooners. Each room is unique and is dedicated to a personality that made a mark in capri with its unique decoration and art pieces.
The hotel is located close to the Marina, and has shuttles that take you to the town centre which is very convenient and it is close to the very well know Da Paolino restaurant in Capri. I really enjoyed using the hotel Spa and facilities as each booking gives you access to use the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi, trust me the spa is amazing and its a must do!
The service is excellent but yes if you want a better sunset and a better location in Capri you would stay on the other side right off the town centre area but I highly recommend this hotel fr those who want to relax and be away from the buzzing centre.

Room Tip: We had the Krupp Room and its highly recommended for the view. If you are newly weds defiantly this...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear Natalie,

Thank you so much for your review on Villa Marina Hotel & Spa ...we are honoured of your stay with us and your clearly and genuine comment on our experience of vacation with us on the Island of Capri !
Mentioning Paolino restaurant I understand that you missed the experience of our cuisine at Ziqù Terrace with our international Chef Nunzio Spagnuolo......so you are invited since now to come back soon and taste our Sea bream baked with seasonal vegetables, Mediterranean sauce and basil pesto and or Sea bass “acqua pazza with scalloped potatoes and endives and Baba'all chocolate with coconut ice cream and carpaccio d 'pineapple.....
waiting forward to welcoming you in person soon with our truly warmest regards

Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I recently stayed at the Hotel Villa Marina and was very excited for the stay based upon my communications with the hotel and how helpful they had been. That is about where things ended...there was supposed to be a shuttle from the ferry to the hotel, but when I arrived, I waited for about 20 minutes for the shuttle, only to have him drive away before I reached the van. I sat down at a café and one of the waiters was friends with the driver, so called him to come back which took almost an hour. I finally arrived at the hotel to discover a beautiful oasis overlooking the sea with amazing gardens and a beautiful pool. I received a lovely tour and was seated in the rose pavilion for my "welcome" drink and snack because my room was not yet ready. I arrived on the property at 2:50pm, check in was at 3:00 and I was shown to my room a little after 4:00, which was fine because I was enjoying the beautiful grounds and relaxing.

In the evening, when I left for dinner, I was waiting for the shuttle to Capri only to be told, unceremoniously, that I would have to wait for another shuttle because they were taking other guests ahead of me. I also asked the gentleman at the front desk about the wifi which wasn't working and he did not believe me or do anything until another guest brought the same issue to his attention. Even though there is a daily shuttle schedule to and from the town, you are supposed to call the hotel in order to have them come get you...which gets pricey when you are making an international call.

Lastly, when I was checking out of the hotel, they tried to charge me for mini-bar purchases that I did not make and the woman was very rude about it. I also asked to check out one hour later and they told me under no circumstances could I check out late because they had another guest checking....even though I had to wait over an hour when I checked in.

Overall, this was a BEAUTIFUL hotel, very serene and lovely. The service was so poor and disappointing. Considering the reputation of the hotel and the price of the hotel, I would have expected 5 star service.

If and when I visit Capri again, I do not think I will be staying at the Hotel Villa Marina.

Room Tip: the rooms are small but lovely. make sure you reserve a sea view room or it really is not worth sta...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sara R
Dear Prestigeous guest,

Very sad to understand that your wont coming back to Villa Marina Capri again ....I must say sorry for all the incidentals you had during your stay here with our staff ... it is strange that we had such a good reputation since now and then suddenly everybody is missing.

Being responsible for provinding the proper service for a five star hotel even if family runned and boutique Hotel we need seriously your help in this matter so will you please get in touch with me personally ...I will highly appreciate your support to understand better what is happening.

At your complete disposal with my truly best regards

Papa Claudia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Though they provide a good shuttle service to the center of the town, but still i fond the hotels on the other side of the island better posotioned with nicer view and many activities close to them ( the nice beaches, diving etc...)

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest,

thanks for your comment and for sharing your information with tripadvisor users...
Villa Marina Hotel & Spa is an indipendent family hotel ...and as you stated "out of the crowd"of groups coming up and down the Island invading the privacy and the intimate atmosphere that you can find only in this part of Capri.

Thanking you again for staying with us and waiting forward to see you again for relaxation Spa and enogastronomy events.

From all the Staff & Management

our very best regards !
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Our stay at this place was a bit of a rollercoaster of a ride. The place is beautiful and truly is a little oasis of peace. The pool and gardens are fantastic and the room was very comfortable.
However the service and staff attitude was inconsistent. Some staff were very helpful however other members of staff were condescending and borderline rude. I must recommend the Spa however as the people there were lovely and the treatments amazing. Food is very good but very overpriced vs. other restaurants on the island.
Overall for the price I would expect better service.

Dusseldorf, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Surely a hotel to be recommended again again and again.
Fantastic service up to small details, excellent food and unrivalled staff.
Even during August Hype in Capri, HVM remains an oasis of peace and discreet luxury.
Will come back again.

Room Tip: Definitelly choose a sea view room. It is worth it.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
villamarinacapricom, Direttore at Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us at Villa Marina Capri Hotel & Spa and very glad to welcoming you soon here in Capri.

September and october are even better for luxury relaxation and Spa treatments at Stai Spa Villa Marina Caprì ....so think about it and waiting forward to see you again soon ....

warm greetings also from all the staff :-)

Hotel Manager