“Good budget hotel”

Ranked #7 of 46 Capri B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Good budget hotel”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for couple of days in summer peak season and considering how costly hotels are on Capri, we were quite happy to have got this hotel at a good price. Hotel is right in front of Capri bus stop so it gets quite noisy as the street is quite busy even until late night. But the owners were very good people, quite helpful. The room itself was of decent size. Our room had the balcony, but it opened right in front of the bus station and the sea view was partially blocked by the bus station which anyways was not a priority for us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bhush_london

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Mexico
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I wanted to stay in this hotel over the weekend, so I called them one month, before my trip to Italy to reserve. An older lady answer the phone, she said she was the owner and that my reservation was booked, I asked her if she needed a credit card and she said no, its ok its booked.
I was in Sorrento when I called one day before to confirm everything.
What was my surprise when the same lady told me his son hadn't look at the reservation and had no room for us.
I was traveling with my girlfriend and this totally ruined our plans for the weekend in Capri.
Just like that they cancel my reservation! So watch out!! This hotel is not serious, it happened to me it can certainly happen to you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wishon
Houston, TX
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Ok, so I picked this hotel for an overnight stay in Capri because it is affordable, which is hard to find in Capri. Also the location is good. So on those two points it was as expected. No surprises there. What was surprising was the, ahem, shall we say, "supervision" of the property. Basically this place is run by a family who lives there. So it's kinda like staying with your elderly out of town relatives. Allow me to elaborate. The property is run by an elderly couple and their adult son, who stays up all night on desk duty. On the particular evening I spent in Capri I was lucky enough to meet a very hot guy. His group was attached to a rented yacht, which had left for the evening. So we headed back to the Stella Maris. The adult son was waiting at the entrance and promptly informed me that it was "not possible" for my new friend to go to my room with me. You can imagine how awkward that was! At first, I was furious. I insisted that I was an adult and this was ridiculous. To no avail, alas. Finally, my new friend and I resorted to begging and he relented once the guy handed over his passport. So while I understand that security is important at a hotel, I also think that it could have been handled differently - without two grown adults resorting to begging to get a little time alone in a hotel room.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank ha397278
Budapest
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Simple B&B in the center of Capri. Rooms view to the sea and to the busy bus and taxi station. The staff was very kind, the breakfast was sweet criossant, coffee and juice. Our room had a private bathroom outside on the opposite side of the corridor. It wasn't a problem. Capri is really expensive. Be careful, if you sit down in a patisserie, the price is at least double than take away!! Rent a scooter, and you can see more at lower cost than by taxi! We offer you this place, it's worth the price!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 31 January 2013

First of all, Capri is expensive. We found this pensione by walking around because the tourist office was closed for lunch(!) It is a "cheap" option for Capri and it was a very convenient find. Rooms are simple but ok. My children had a room with a bathroom. My room had a bathroom outside but it was exclusively mine (it was locked and I had the key). It is very well located, near the piazzeta and a bus stop that takes you to Anacapri. And what the hell? If you are in Capri you want to be outside the whole time, not locked up in a hotel! I definitely recommend it to traveller´s on a (tight) budget.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank monicaaguiar
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Hotel is conveniently located to “Piazzetta” which is the focal point of the island. From here you can get to Anacapri and to Marinas (Piccola & Grande).
The owner and his wife are very nice and helpful despite their not very good English. They gave us very good tips on how to get around the place and catch our ferry back to Naples. Breakfast was reasonable, with good coffee. The nice thing was to have a small fridge in our room, where we could keep some very good pastry we bought at local bakeries, and hot cap of tea was served from hotel’s kitchen in the evenings. Considering everything is so expansive in this “Amassing place”, it was big advantage for our budget. The disadvantage might be nosy taxi drivers at night (hotel's windows are close to bus and taxi stopping station), but with closed shatters it is not so bad and quite bearable.
We definitely want to come back some time in future and if possible will stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: From here you can get to Anacapri and to the beaches at Marinas (Piccola & Grande).