“Best Zuppa di Cozze Marinara”
Review of Ristorante Isidoro

Ristorante Isidoro
Ranked #45 of 121 Restaurants in Capri
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Lots of people. 15 minutes wait. Simpathy in all the servers. Not for romantic meal. Excellent food. Best Mussel soup in Capri. I tasted several and I assure you this is the best.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was by far the best restaurant we ate during our 9 day stay on the Amalfi coast and Capri. So good we visited twice and know at least 2 other couples who also went twice. AND I am a very fussy eater. I would say this is a restaurant being a restaurant unlike all the others we ate in, that were basically bars trying to be restaurants. the waiter service was good and friendly and the food excellent. Fantastic range of wines and their recommendation to us was spot on.

Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We visited this restaurant with 5 Friends, and from the start the service seemed to be ok.

We ordered our drinks and food, 5 meals came out and then finally the last meal arrived which was a Spaghetti Carbonara, right in the middle of the pasta was a big thick long black hair, my friend called the waiter over to get this replaced, at first there was no apology. The waiter then replaced the meal and the egg was well overcooked, my friend had 1 mouthful. When the waiter eventually came over to ask if everything was ok. We said we weren't happy with the carbonara and he walked off to return with the bill.

He had charged us for the carbonara, we said that we're not happy to pay for this meal as it wasnt eaten. To which he replied "it was my friends fault that she didnt like the meal" and he wouldn't remove the meal.

A long story short, we had a heated discussion with the waiter and the mamager/cashier during which they both spoke in Italian to other customers about our situation, we were threatened that they would call the police if we didn't pay.

We ended up having to pay as we had to catch our ferry back to Sorrento.

AVOID THIS RESTAURANT

1  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had originally dined at Isidoro in 2008 on a day trip to Capri and had amazing grilled calamari. We decided to try Isidoro again and it didn't live up to the memory. We dined on the 3rd floor and ordered pizza, salads, and grilled calamari. The calamari was over cooked and the pizza was adequate. We will not be dining here on our next visit to Capri.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I had lunch on Sunday 1 June.
The quality and quantity of the food was good.
The waiters were nice and welcoming.
The prices are average for Capri.
I lost a turquoise necklace in the bathroom, so if the owners read this, I would find lovely they contact me to send it back to me ;)