I've been staying at this place (in practically the same room) almost every year for 15 years and love it. (I particularly love the fact that the hotel hasn't noticed ;-)
1) The property: Gorgeous. Come in the spring and you will smell the lemon trees...come in the summer or fall and you'll walk through beautiful covered gardens..It's sensory overload.
2) The views. Unparalleled. No place in Capri-- not even the most expensive ones, can do better. The ocean view rooms and suites will keep you mesmerized for your entire stay.
3) The service: The staff is simply outstanding without exception. Living in Italy my expectations of service are low- but this hotel is exceptional. Pool-side, breakfast, bar, dinner or housekeeping. It's universally outstanding.
4) The food: Wow. Incredible quality. This is the real deal. Even the espresso at the pool manages to wow me.
The "needs improvement": (ok, I should be on vacation BUT.....)
WIFI!!!! The hotel says the island has limited bandwidth which I do believe to a certain extent. But it can be resolved... Granted, most of the guests are older and don't use wifi/internet. But the hotel needs to provide a better service in this regard.
Otherwise THANK YOU for a wonderful stay for yet another year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We can be in no other place than Capris Hotel Luna. Tell me if there is another spectacle on earth which can compare with this wrote Alexandre Dumas as he gazed at the Faraglioni rocks way back in 1816. No, there isnt you instinctively want to answer, as you sit on the sweeping terrace of Hotel Luna, watching the setting sun paint the legendary sea stacks a shade of fiery red, or stroll through the gardens on a summer evening, in the silvery light of the Capri moon. Watching the sun rising over the sea, whiling away a morning lazing by the pool, relishing a delicious lunch of insalata caprese and fresh fruit, taking a spot of exercise in the panoramic fitness corner, enjoying a candlelit dinner overlooking the Faraglioni, savoring a bottle of wine with that special someone on the terrace of your room. Can you imagine a better way to spend the day? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Luna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Luna Hotel Capri