“Place for locals so you know it is all about good food.”
Review of Verginiello

Verginiello
Ranked #15 of 121 Restaurants in Capri
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I went there on our last night in Capri, as recommended by our hotel staff. I had the best grilled calamari. My husband had this thick spaghetti that was very filling. We were both happy with our orders. Place starts filling up at 7pm so show up early if you do not want to stand in line.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I have eaten here many times by recomendation of a local. You won't find better value for money. The food is very typical from the region. And they have a large menu for options. The decor is typica italian, quite basic and simpe, but the food makes up for what the decor lacks. Make sure you book in advance.. even in the quiet season, you will struggle to get a seat.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Not good place at all. Even though you can meet here some local people, but the problem that on Capri is a pure lack of good places to eat. Places which are not overpriced and in the same time have good quality food. We traveled during middle of March and some businesses still were closed, I can't say that during a tourist season you can expect better choice. We came to this restaurant a couple of times. Just looking in their menu you can see some good prices and variety. But once you received your order you quickly realize that not just portions are really small, the food is not good. We tried: pizza, which was not anything special; big pasta with local fish, extremely salty and overcooked fish; grilled eggplants, these even my brother cooks better :) Service is non existing: particularly bad is an older and shorter guy, who takes orders and bring them to customers. Very arrogant. The owner and his son, are not too bad in service, but still scored 2.5 out of 5. We had to wait for the check for good 25 min, even restaurant wasn't full (just internal siting area). We reminded them 3 times about the check, but it didn't help, so went to a cash register to pay without waiting any more for a bill.

1  Thank TianaRoman
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I liked this place for three reasons: it was reasonably priced, full of Italians and not tourists, and the food was good. The interior was typically Italian: very simple and plain because they care about the food, not the decoration!! The views over the bay were a bonus. The service was a bit gruff, I must admit, but I didn't mind because it was clear that this wasn't a touristy joint where they flatter and butter up the clients before ripping them off. If you try and speak a few words of Italian, you can usually melt even the hardest of hearts, at least that's what I usually find. They were far nicer to me after I did that here! This is not a place to go for that "special night out", but a good place to eat when you need a no-fuss simple meal (but don't go if you are in a hurry as they certainly don't rush).

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This place was recommended by a guest at my hotel….

I was begrudgingly given a table and tossed a menu.
Poor service was matched by the worst food I ate in five weeks in southern Italy.

Unattractive interior with a spectacular view is not suffice to visit here.

Move in somewhere else…the owners are in need of a reappraisal of what is required to fill the restaurant. It is ideal for bus tours to cheaply feed the passengers.

Could not get out of here quick enough.

2  Thank MDR_11