“Gelateria in a central location. Nice Italian gelato but certainly not italy's finest. ”

Buonocore Gelateria
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Capri
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe, Fast food
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We decided to sample the gelato in this cafe after reading raving reviews on TripAdvisor. We tried various flavours of gelato and although they were good they weren't good enough to blow me away or leave a lasting memory etched in my brain. There were several gelaterias around the town, for example, the little hidden gems nestled in inner streets where the locals go to in the evenings that tasted far better. I personally found this place to be quite a tourist trap.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I honestly do not understand how any other Gelateria in town stays in business when they have to compete with Buonocore. Some of the best gelato I have had has been right here.

Visited April 2014
Paradise City, Arizona, United States
“Amazing? No.”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I went there expecting the best ice-cream available in Capri due to the excellent reviews on tripadvisor. I was partly wrong.

I have to admit that the fresh made cone (the biscuit part), was warm and deliciuous, one of the best I have ever tasted so far. The ice-cream, however, was nothing special. Therefore, I would suggest to stick to their special tastes like "Caprilù" or "Bignolata" (really tasty), because the other kinds are mediocre.
The price is fair considering that you are in the center of Capri.

I would conclude saying that it's something to try but to have excellent ice-creams you have to go elsewhere.

• Visited April 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Best Value in Capri Town”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed on the Isle of Capri for 2 days and this place was our lifesaver amongst a slew of overpriced cafés and restaurants which were so obviously trying to fleece tourists (I'm talking about other places charging 6.50 Euros for a glass of Sprite!)...

Buonocore, on the other hand, is very reasonably priced and lovely food. We had lasagna twice (yum) as well as cooked vegetables and assorted sweet biscuits which are their specialty (do NOT miss the pistachio and hazelnut biscuits, they are absolutely to die for! We became addicted and even took some away with us for snacks on the boat trip back to Sorrento!)

Their gelato is tasty too, and the smell of the freshly made waffle cones is, as other reviewers have mentioned, irresistible!

Visit and enjoy!

1 Thank PrincessFroggy
Capri, Italy
“Poor service”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We stopped in here for a cappuccino and the lady that resembled Quasimodo at the front counter treated us very poorly. Cappuccino was good but the eggplant bruschetta we got was so salty, we couldn't eat it. We also had a ricotta desert that we didn't care for, it tasted artificial.

3 Thank NicoleTrak