Punta Tragara
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel della Piccola Marina(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$209
Hotel Capri(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$153
US$243
US$231
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Sarah(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Sanfelice(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$709
US$329
US$304
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Floridiana(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$183
Orbitz.com
US$383
US$372
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 'A Pazziella(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$185
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfaraglioni rocksgin barour honeymoonbeautiful hoteljunior suitethe cliffview is amazingoverlooking the waterthe nicest hotelschocolate cakethe hotel staffpool barslice of heavenfive star hotelcapri townbottle of proseccomarina piccola
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2010

I just returned from a 10 day stay on the Amalfi Coast, with a 3 night stop over in Capri. I selected the Hotel Punta Tragara from an article that I read in Travel and Leisure magazine recommending the hotel for its beautiful views (SO TRUE) and five star reputation......Upon arrival I was immediately upgraded from my Double Deluxe Sea View Room to another room with double balconies. While I loved the hotel, the views, and the two pools, there were a few negatives that surprised me (given that it is a five star hotel) that I feel I must share:

1) I could not believe how uncomfortable the beds were and how scratchy the sheets were! (They felt like 100 thread count to me and I am not a bedding snob). I travel to Europe at least twice a year and am used to hard, lumpy beds, but I expected a bit better bedding at the Hotel Punta Tragara than I received.
2) Maid service was a little less than expected. We had wine and olives on one of the balconies our first night there....Upon finishing, we placed the leftover olives on a side table that evening. Two days later, when we checked out, the leftover olives and empty glasses were still on the table. I finally had to throw the olives out!
3) Squashed bugs on the ceilings in the bathroom and a tub we could not get to drain. Enough said.

Other than those hiccups, this is a GORGEOUS hotel. Full of history, with magnificent views of the sea and the island. I will come back again and hope that the sheets aren't so scratchy and my olives are not left sitting for days. :)

Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank LJField
Reviewed 18 October 2010

Gorgeous hotel in glorious Capri! This is the perfect hotel in the perfect location in Capri on beautiful Via Tragara - the most beautiful and romantic area of Capri

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2010

This hotel lives up to all expectations and then completely exceeds them. We travelled for a weekend, in September, when the weather and crowds were more palatable. the experience was fabulous, from the family style hospitality to the extraordinary views from our room. Wherever you are in the hotel you have a view of the sea from the cliffside location. The service was just right - attentive without being overbearing, discreet at mealtimes and well organised for transfers and planning. The beach club below is great - the 300 steps down and up again should help get rid of the pink wine at lunchtime, too. In the evening it's only a short walk to the centre where the Italians are promenading before dinner. You know it's going to break the bank but it's so outrageous it's funny.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Punta Tragara is a swanky, modern boutique hotel with the most amazing views of "Faraglioni," the stacks (rocks) on the bay of Naples. Tourists walk to the hotels' entrance to capture Capri's best views, but we enjoyed it form our own suite's huge bay windows and our roof top terrace! We were on our honeymoon, so we splurged for the "Art Suite" on the Penthouse level. The suite was newly renovated, with sleek modern design and a bathtub I could have stayed in for days. (Also with it's own amazing view of the bay.) luckily, I got out of the suite long enough to dine at their restaurant "Monzu." The service was excellent and friendly, and their wine list is extensive. Dining on the sea, I chose the of course homemade pasta with lobster, mussels and baby prawns. Delicious! and for dessert, the best chocolate souffle I've ever had. And I've had quite a few.
The front desk was a bit stuffy and sometimes curt, but they kindly handled all of our luggage and transfers to and from the island, which is no small feet. Our luggage was waiting for us when we arrived and we didn't have to pull it through the entire town, as we noticed other travelers doing.
If you stay here, don't forget to have lunch at "Fontelina." It's a quaint family owned restaurant on the water wit the freshest seafood and amazing pasta. The 500 steps back up to the hotel is reason enough to have 3 courses at lunch.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrsmia
Reviewed 30 September 2010

once arrived in the hotel, room 23 with a generous terrace, I would never want to leave again. the undisturbed view onto the sea, with the faraglioni rocks to the left, and part of piccola Marina to the right is awsome. It allows for meditation, and kills any curiosity to explore the island of capri. The Hotel offers two restaurants and a splendid pool area. It is not cheap, five star L, but worth it for a couple of days to forget about the rest of the world and ones own every day life.

• Stayed: September 2010