“In love with Villa Brunella”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Villa Brunella

Villa Brunella
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Capri
Zurich, Switzerland
“In love with Villa Brunella”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Villa Brunella is situated at the most breath-taking location in Capri. Hidden in the beautiful green with a stunning setting overlooking Capri and the ocean, we were completely overwhelmed by this miraculous place. The owner, a classy, very nice gentleman and his entire team, grant a professional and friendly service. The atmosphere is familiar and you instantly feel very comfortable staying at Villa Brunella. Walking along the beautiful alley in the most picturesque surrounding to the village of Capri and back to the hotel turned out to be a delight even for me who isn't the biggest fan of walking ;). Villa Brunella itself has a very romantic restaurant with the best view over Capri, outstanding food and great music (composed by the owners son). This place is a trouvaille and I'm already looking forward to going back.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
VillaBrunella, Proprietario at Villa Brunella, responded to this review, 22 November 2015
Dear Mrs. 470Anette,

it's an absolute pleasure for us reading your so nice words. We are delighted to have contributed to your holidays, and nice experience in Capri.

Looking forward to welcome you soon again as our guest,

Warm wishes
Massimo Ruggiero

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

Just returned from a stay at this beautiful property--the true beauty of which is the view and location itself rather than the actual rooms and furnishings which could use updating. The deck is wonderful and I spent literally hours just sitting there soaking in the view and listening to the birds sing. The room we had was also quite spacious which we appreciated. The setting has a magical quality--like being in a fairytale:)

I find it a pro that this hotel is located far ( only 20-35 minutes walking) from the center. The daily walks were wonderful and it was great to escape the crowds in this secluded setting on a lovely road. Free wi fi is also nice and it works well.

As for cons: charging for your bags for sure. If that is standard, so be it, but best to let your guests know of this charge in advance rather than as a surprise at the checkout with an expectation that you will pay in cash.

I was told the cost was E12 per bag by the man I gave my bag to at the port but they wanted to charge E15 at checkout which I didn't appreciate as I felt E12 was expensive enough to take a bag up the hill. Definitely carry your small bags on your own as the price is per bag! I feel this is something they should disclose upon reservation rather than asking you to pay these bag fees in cash at checkout. Also, most of the staff was not very friendly or welcoming. The owner and his father were quite nice ( especially the father) but many other staff members appeared to be going through the motions and lacked personality. Food was okay not special and quite expensive for what it was. E7 for a small plate of fries for example. I understand Capri is expensive but there are plenty of little cafes where you can eat nicely for a better price.

Overall I must say I loved staying at this hotel mostly because of its absolutely stunning location. I hope to return again one day.

Room Tip: Room 54 had a wonderful view and was quiet with a large terrace.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mrs. Wanderlus,

thank you very much for your review: our guests' comments are always useful to improve our services. We hope you'll come soon again in Capri at Villa Brunella,

Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2013

My family and I went there in June of 2012 and it was by far the most exquisite and magnificent hotel experience I think I've ever had. It was far enough out of the city center that you didn't have to worry about a lot of noise or busy surroundings. The scenery was stunning and the room was quiet and comfortable. The tile work in the bathroom was intricate and beautiful and the TV had many channels, including ESPN. The gym is outdoors with a covering overhead and a amazing view of the water and the rest of the island. The service was outstanding and the food was out of this world. They even had fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning!! I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Capri. They were so nice and friendly and even got us a private boat tour around the island. It's a hidden jewel with the greatest restaurant on the island according to friends in Naples and the outlying areas.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank yddam106
Dear Guest yddam106,

we sincerely thank you for your so nice review. It's always a pleasure for us when our guest appreciate our job. We hope to welcome you soon again as our guest, and we'll do our best to let you enjoy other so nice moments in Capri.

virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband and i stayed her in September 2012, we stayed here eight years earlier on our honeymoon. We returned with two friends this year, and were not dissapointed. The staff is incredible, the food amzing and the view breathtaking. I was sure we would be disappointed after our initial visit, but we were pleased to find out that this hotel only got better with time.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest bison,

we are delighted that you enjoyed so much your stay at Villa Brunella. We'll do our best so that in your next stay with us, you'll be able to experience the same feeling.

Looking forward to welcome you soon again at Villa Brunella,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

Me and my wife have been to our Honeymoon here in 2011. The view from the Hotel is fantastic. Our room was the best. There is balcony with sea front. Awesome experience. The service was excellent. The breakfast was good. The pool was just amazing. Overall it is a perfect place to be in.

Cheers
Vivek

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest Vivek M,

thank you so much for your nice words, we are looking forward to welcome you soon again at Villa Brunella.

Best wishes
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

I don't even know where to begin... the view was utterly captivating, the staff and owner were amazingly friendly, the furnishings and decor were beautiful and the restaurant was top notch in regards to both cuisine and ambiance. It was amazing and I would never stay anywhere else on Capri. We were traveling with my parents so we had 2 rooms. We started out in 2 Special Deluxe Suites above the pool, # 54 and 60. Then my husband and I moved (due to a last minute change to our trip) to a suite below the pool, #61. I have photos of all the rooms.We couldn't tear ourselves away from our terraces so the first two nights we had our dinner delivered there. It was a beautiful and relaxing way to start the trip. Then the last two nights we ate in the restaurant. What a treat that was! (Go before it's dark so you can enjoy the view) The ambiance is divine; very sexy with candlelight and fabulous music. My father even had them write down one of the CD's so he could buy it. There is no reason to eat anywhere else. I've been to a lot of beautiful places, but Villa Brunella stole my heart. I can't express how special our stay was.

Room Tip: For drop dead views (price no issue) choose the Special Deluxe Suites above the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank goodtrips01
Dear Mrs. Goodtrips,

we sincerely thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed so much staying with us at Villa Brunella, and the atmosphere of our restaurant Terrazza Brunella. We hope to welcome you soon again as our guest, and we'll do our best to let you enjoy other so nice moments in Capri,

Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

by chance i booked this hotel,the view is magnificent, the service is of course as it should be and fortunately the staff speaks english!
the room was fine decorated,had excellent bath kits,everyday fresh towels,i really enjoyed my stay even though it was a short one.

Room Tip: no matter what you choose,the view is the main theme of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Katia V
Dear Mrs. Katia V,

thank you so much for your nice review. We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at Villa Brunella, and hope you will enjoy a longer stay with us.

Warm wishes