Villa Krupp
US$347
US$338
US$630
  • Breakfast included
Hotel della Piccola Marina(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$354
US$636
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Relais Maresca(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Floridiana(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$289
US$229
US$318
US$299
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa Sanfelice(Capri)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Gatto Bianco(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$339
US$297
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Weber Ambassador Capri(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$208
HotelsClick
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 June 2009

Well we all know that private hotels in Italy can be difficult. This place with the
most beautiful breakfast terrace overlooking i faraglioni rocks and the bay of
Piccola Marina is just awful. OK for Capri standards it is very inexpensive
(about 150 euros for a partial sea view double room) although it is in a great
location (if you don´t mind climbing the steps to the hotel) . The orange juice
in the morning comes in camp-site type plastic cups, the owner, an elderly
lady is very nosy and always wants to know what one is doing. She also
seems to be afraid that people run away w/o paying their bill (although
she had my credit card) and thus the checking out procedure was quite
awkward. I go to Capri often and thought once to return but my
reservation request was never answered. Even if you look for a cheaper
place to stay in Capri stay away from Villa Krupp.

Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank WORLDTRAVELLER
Reviewed 10 July 2008

We were greatly disappointed with Villa Krupp on Capri. While the view from the terrace was truly lovely and the older woman (host) was a doll, the praise stops there.

We were promised a family room with a view of the sea, and were given a very small room with beds for four shoved into it so that you could barely walk or have room for your luggage. The beds were SO hard and the pillows were like sacks of flour. Upon entering the room, it smelled like bleach. The towels in the bathroom were unlike any I have ever felt -- like sandpaper. There was nothing charming at all about this dorm-like room. As I looked at the windows, I had no view of the ocean, but then as I walked toward the windows, there was a small, skinny window on the adjacent wall that faced the sea.

We have spent over 5 weeks in Italy, and have almost always encountered friendly, helpful staff at hotels. The daughter of the mother/daughter hosts was shockingly unhelpful and unfriendly.

I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone. It may be the worst hotel we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
8  Thank dina4
Reviewed 29 April 2007

We only stayed one night on Capri and were relying on a friend of ours who booked the hotel and what a great choice. The hotel is run by a friendly Italian family who made us feel extremely welcome. The hotel has amazing tiled floors, guilt mirrors in the bathroom and is generally over the top chintzy - but it is great. The views over the coast are spectacular and worth the short walk from the centre of Capri.

Breakfast in the morning was simple continential but the views and sun trap terrace were worth paying the money for, would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
11  Thank priceypop
Reviewed 3 February 2006

My review may not be current since we stayed at the Villa Krupp 4 years ago. The hotel is a big old nice Italian villa off the beaten path. It is immaculate and airy and beautifully decorated with colorful Italian tile floors and bathrooms, brightly colored stucco walls and giltwood sconces and chandeliers. the lobby and the stairway to our room were gorgeous. In our room our bed was right infront of French doors that lead to a balcony overlooking the city and the water. We loved watching the stars at night from our bed. Our room was very simple (but ten times better than any room at the Holiday Inn). Our room had pretty white linens, a big beautiful white washed antique armoire, colorful tile floors, and a brand new Italian tiled bathroom. You will never experience anything like this in the U.S. for $92 a night. Granted there are many steps to climb to get to the hotel and there is no pool (which you kind of want in Capri but you pay a lot more at those hotels). Also the hotel isn't exactly in the middle of things but is was only about a 10 minute walk (and a gorgeous walk it was) to get to action. Breakfast in the morning was a typical Italian breakfast of croissants and Latte on the Veranda overlooking Augustus Garden and the water. It all depends on what you can afford. The great thing about Italy is that even a lot of the 1 star hotel and B&Bs on the Almalfi coast are beautiful, super clean, and charming to say the least (unlike the 1, 2, or even 3 star hotels in the U.S.).

• Stayed: July 2001
4  Thank luckylucyhenry
A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2005

We had a room with a great view (Euro 150 per night), but in all other respects the hotel was very disappointing and amateurishly run despite a good recommendation from Fodors. In summary: the staff were generally abrupt, verging on the rude; the bed was probably the most uncomfortable I experienced in my 3 weeks in Italy on this trip; the room was very basic - very sparsely furnished, with no television; the telephone system is primitive, with one line to the hotel and no ability to use calling cards; the airconditioning did not work; I was charged Euro 15 for porterage with no suitable explanation even though I had been quoted Euro 10 by the porter hiimself; prior to arrival I had been told that I could use Euro denominated AMEX travellers' cheques to pay the account but was told (as I was about to pay the account) that I could not do so. All in all unfortunately a very average experience. Not a hotel which I could recommend.

• Stayed: September 2005