1,127 results
All reviewsthree brothersesposito familyour honeymoonbrothers who rundeluxe roomturn down servicewalk in closetbeautiful hotellight lunchboutique hoteljacuzzi bathbreakfast terraceowners and staffevery eveningthree nightsoverlooking the seasmall hotel
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at La Minerva for four nights in May. I booked it as the reviews were so good on trip advisor. They did not disappoint. The hotel is lovely very central for Capri town yet not noisy. Views were beautiful. Breakfast overlooking sea was lovely with fresh juice, baked pastries and cold meat/ cheeses. Our room was cleaned twice a day but we were never disturbed when we were in the room . They have got the level of service just right, there for you when you need something but not over the top. One day we got caught in a thunderstorm and arrived back at hotel drenched, hot drinks were sent to our room to warm us up, such nice little touches that made our stay perfect. The only problem was the weather, we shall return when the weather is better.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Bath_EnglandJackie
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have been trying to think how I could possibly vocalize how perfect this hotel is ever since I left, and I am not sure I can find enough words besides class act as others have mentioned. To start La Minerva has been beautifully decorated. The rooms are both fun and reminiscent of what you'd expect from La Dolce Vita. Whoever has made the decor decisions has done a wonderful job, because it was beautiful and contemporary without being trendy. The location couldn't be better because you are half way from the island's popular beaches and half way to town. It's location also keeps you far enough away from the crazy crowds that flooded the streets of Capri when the tours came through during the day. The personal touches that this hotel does for its guests are what really sets it apart from anywhere else I have ever stayed. When we checked in we received two mixed drinks delivered to our room by the amazing bartender along with a platter of sweets. Every night when we returned home there was a fresh flower in our room along with lit candles and music playing. They leave a brochure every night of the next days weather and finish it off with local recipes. Free bottles of water in the room were also greatly appreciated. The breakfast spread is absolutely delicious and they offer both wonderful eggs and crepes on top of the standard breakfast fare. At 6:00 they offer a cocktail hour and you must include it in part of your night. The best bartender that really has a craft at mixing cocktails, who goes out of his way to make a special appetizer to serve each night with the drink. Lastly, I can not say enough wonderful things about the brothers that run the hotel and their staff. They bent over backwards to make our stay on Capri wonderful, we truly didn't have to think of one thing because they helped us set up every reservation, tour, and dinner. Their suggestions were always spot on and our stay on Capri was unforgettable because of them. I am not surprised this is the number one ranked hotel on Capri, because I have never been any place like it and would never go anywhere else upon returning to Capri. If you have the opportunity to stay at this wonderful place, book it immediately- it will be an unparalleled stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent four nights at La Minerva at the beginning of our Italian tour and it was the perfect start to a great holiday.
The hotel itself is beautiful, a traditional building with modern, fresh decor. Our room was very spacious with a wonderful terrace furnished with very comfortable sunloungers. The view was amazing both from our room and from the fantastic breakfast terrace. Lunch by the pool was simple but perfect under a jasmine covered canopy.
All the staff were friendly and efficient and very informative.
We had a wonderful stay and fully intend to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at La Minerva in May with my daughter and her boyfriend before their law school graduation. It was not my first trip to Capri, but it was my first time at La Minerva. We will be back, and we will not stay anywhere else! The Esposito brothers run a class act and make every attempt to please their guests! From being greeted at the dock by Giovanni, to the ever-so-smiling Kamal at breakfast, to Marco making delicious drinks, we couldn't have been happier....until it was time to leave! We were so sad! Our rooms were beautiful and there were so many nice touches...from welcome drinks, to candles and fresh flowers at night, to recommendations for delicious restaurants and making reservations...the list is too long! Thank you La a Minerva, from the bottom our our hearts, for a magical experience!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cari H
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have just spent 4 perfect days on Capri at this beautiful little gem of a hotel.
I was excited by their really excellent web site and was in no way disappointed.
The Esposito brothers are all so charming and helpful and Kamal with his big welcoming smile at breakfast and Marco ,excellent barman ,all see that each day is as perfect as it can be for their guests.
The decor is elegant and comfortable,the views are amazing and the swimming pool is a haven after some long walks.
My only worry is its so good it's hard to make another booking!

Room Tip: We had room 42. -a deluxe room which was excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple