“Great, Cozy Hotel in Capri”
Review of La Minerva

La Minerva
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 9 April 2005

If you are looking for a reasonably priced, charming hotel in the heart of Capri, I recommend you stay at La Minerva. It is a beautiful place, white stone with fantastic tile work throughout. The hotel is a short walk from the heart of Capri's stores and restaurants, close to great hikes to some of Capri's most beautiful sites as well to the buses that take you to other parts of the island. Yet it is secluded enough to be quiet and relaxing. The room I stayed in had a nice view of the cliffs and the communal balcony's is even better.

The hotel's host, Luigi, is warm, thoughtful and takes time to give super recommendations as to restaurants and places to see. His advice as to things that he described as "not to be missed" was right on. He even gave me an umbrella to get me through the rain when I checked out! He was a wonderful, friendly adviser for how to explore the island's treasures and was great at setting up the details for arriving, getting around, and leaving the island.

The rates are very reasonable and breakfast with breads, sweets, juice coffee and jam was included. I had a wonderful, relaxing stay in Capri, and Luigi and La Minerva made my stay a warm and memorable experience.

6  Thank Shantih
Write a ReviewReviews (1,078)

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 5 April 2005

We have just returned from visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Italy. One of our highlights was staying at the Hotel La Minerva. My daughter and I decided to splurge one evening and picked this hotel. It was well worth the price! When we arrived, my bath was not working, and Luigi came up immediately and couldn't have been nicer. He recommended a great place for dinner and answered all of our questions with such a pleasant manner. The room was beautiful as was the amazing view on the terrace. We loved it so much that we decided to stay an extra night! The second day Luigi told my son-in-law where to hike on the mountain, and it was gorgeous. One of the prettiest views I have ever seen. We were all so glad we stayed the extra night. I recommend paying the extra money and staying in the deluxe room. You will not be disappointed. And to the one or two bad reviews, I personally would ignore them. This place is a real find.

Thanks Hotel La Minerva staff,
Sharon and Joe

• Stayed: March 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
cleveland, oh
Reviewed 5 April 2005

My fiance and I stayed at La Minerva for 5 nights in July and had a terrific experience. Shortly after our arrival I explained to Mr. Esposito that we came only to eat. He grinned and then arranged 5 extraordinary dinner reservations for our entire stay. Each restaurant was unique and incredible. Our superior room was spotless and the small balconies offered views of the sea. Location was IDEAL. Just far enough away from the noise of the town (created mostly by the disco that didn't OPEN until 2AM), but within 10 minutes walk of the Piazzetta.

It is three star only because it does not have a pool and restaurant, but considering the location (Capri), who needs those at the hotel anyway.

Oh yeah, Mr. Esposito apologized to us one morning that he wasn't at the front desk the day before. He and his wife had a son that day!

Recommended Restaurants: Terrazza Brunello, Grottelle, Da Tonino (try the Pio Cesare Chardonnay).

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 28 March 2005

We stayed in Hotel la Minerva in late May 2004. We are just trying to find a way to get back. The hotel was spotless and the service was wonderful. Luigi even suggested a wine dinner for us that happened to be our favorite meal on our trip. It was a wine bar near the tower in the town square. It has been almost a year, but this hotel was definitely worth every cent. The breakfasts on the terrace were so relaxing. As for the negative comments...everyone has an opinion, but I guarantee 99% of indivduals would be happy with their stay. If you are worried about long walks (as mentioned in the complainers message) you probably shouldn't be going to Capri.

Luigi,
Thanks for the hospitality!
Adams and Summers

• Stayed: May 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 March 2005

week long stay that was just fabulous!

Exceptionally clean, great bed, great view. Delightful breakfast.

I could not say enough about their experience; though a week in Capri was too long compared to what lay ahead of us along the Amalfi coast.

Once we returned to the mainland, we picked up a car in Sorrento and drove along to coast for a second week in Ravello. We opted to stay at that point at the water line..what a mistake as we should have stayed in Ravello.

The hotel we chose in Ravello was a serious disappointment compared to La Minera in Capri; but Ravello more than made up for the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2004
1  Thank marisa55
Arlington, MA
Reviewed 18 March 2005

We stayed at La Minerva for 5 nights in July 2004 for our honeymoon. It was truly wonderful. The location is great - walking distance from the main restaurants and shops, yet situated on a quiet little side street so you feel removed from the crowds. Our room was very spacious and clean and we loved eating our breakfast on the balcony surrounded by flowers and with a view of the sea. Perfect!

• Stayed: July 2004
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 February 2005

I am so happy that I found the website for Hotel La Minerva! I stayed at this treasure of a hotel and would highly recommend it to all who are going to the Island of Capri. Luigi & the staff are so very helpful and absolutely delightful. It is a very clean, beautifully decorated (I loved my room with the blue and white tiles and the veiw was divine!!!!) It was lovely having breakfast brought to you and placed out on the table on the balcony, with that divine view, what a way to start your day!!! I hope to go back to the Island of Capri one day soon and I know where I will stay!!! I look forward to seeing Luigi & Staff at Hotel La Minerva!!!
Ciao, Cheryl