- Great location at Marina Piccola: the only real beach on Capri and a good escape from all the day trippers
- Easy shuttle every 10 min or so into town, until late at night
- Easy to arrange transport to/from main port on arrival/departure
- Amazing view from all the rooms
- Friendly staff
- Price: pretty reasonable for Capri
The Bad: Pretty much disappointing from the very beginning despite the amazing views.
- Arrival: You are greeted with a free drink overlooking the bay (nice!) while you read their 2-page welcome letter which details all of the things that are not included in the room rate (not so nice).
- Wifi: Honestly, it is the wifi of dinosaurs and you have to pay for the privilege of attempting to use it. Not expensive (5 EUR) but it is the most shockingly archaic, broken, crappy wifi I have ever experienced. At one point there was a line at reception of 4 people trying to sort out wifi problems. Barely any signal, you have re-login every 20 min, at least half of the passwords we were given didn't work and we had to request new ones which you have to physically go to reception to receive. Every time. Not cool.
- Pretty much every appliance in the room was broken, and while reception sympathized with a smile nothing was done to correct any of it: Hair dryer - I ended up letting my hair air dry bc it was faster; Mini fridge - Only gets power when your key card is in the slot, i.e. when you are in the room, so when you are out all day it is off and everything is always warm; Air Conditioner: Never once got it to turn on, flat out broken.
- No free breakfast - the one they offer is 11 EUR a day and supposedly is big, but... a simple continental breakfast would have been nice.
- Balconies are not private at all. 3 foot walls between your neighbors. Some were along the main walkway into the hotel, right next to the shuttle stop.
The Ugly: In the end, it's a 2-star hotel somehow masquerading as a 4-star hotel that just happens to be in a gorgeous location which makes up for some of the bad.
I have read this review carefully.
The whole world supposes that anyone who has a computer in his hands knows how to use it
At Weber we spend almost half of the day to explain our customers how to use their computers and the reviewer was one of them.
Last year we renovated the hotel and we changed especially the electrical system.
But it has been very difficult to explain our writer that once she leaves the room she should turn only the lights off and not the whole electrical system.
The wi-fi only works in the hotel and not in all the island of Capri , and if you are not connected for more than 20 minutes for safety reasons it goes offline .
To use it again you simply need to digit your password.
Regarding the buffet breakfast it is optional.
Costs 11.00 euro, no one wants to make you pay if you have no breakfast , no one forces our customers to have breakfast.
Many people believe that a Grand Hotel works as a Bed and breakfast, but it is not.
For the rest, we believe that it is not worthed to go on.
We wish a nice holiday to all of our customers.
We stayed here for my cousin's wedding for 3 nights. The hotel website pictures are very accurate, the position is stunning, above a beautiful bay (which gets very crowded during the day). The breakfast buffet was fine, and the restaurant terrace is in a fantastic location. Being welcomed with a glass of prosecco is also a nice touch.
As it is by the Marina, our boat trip departed from here which was very handy, being only a 3 minute walk from the hotel. The only downside is the interior which is very tired and not up to 4 star standard. But we don't go on holiday to stay in our room so it wasn't a big problem! The staff are very friendly and the shuttle bus is great (a taxi to the piazetta will set you back 15-20 euros). The walk up is also fine if you are fit and the bus stop is 2 minutes away.
All in all a great address for good value in expensive Capri, and I would return.
Well it was just perfect. Just the place to be to relax with a beautiful view. Don't hesitate to go there and ask for calm room. Ours was under the restaurant and we could hear the furniture moving from the guests but we had a stunning view.
This hotel is the most fantastic hotel we have ever stayed at. Fantastic staff at the hotel ( Alessio and Nicola). The hotel is very luxuary situated at the beach at Marina Piccola and the rooms with seeview have a fantastic panorama view. Th rooms are very clean, nice and the food is fantastic. To get to Capri town and marina grande there is a shuttle from the hotel every 20 minutes, free, but there is also lots of buses to go to Anacapri for a very small fee.
I can really really recommend this hotel to anyone that will enjoy the best you can get on your holiday.
What a delightful way to start our Italian holiday in Capri! The Weber overlooks the Marina Piccola, the secondary harbor on the island. It's a bit off the beaten path, but that's a good thing. The views of the Faraglioni rocks and the water are magnificent and it's in a quiet location, but they offer shuttle service to the main piazza very frequently and it's less than 5 minutes away.
The entire staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Always at the ready to help - the front desk staff was especially delightful, including Nicola, Antonio and Pasquale, the shuttle driver. A big buffet breakfast comes with the room, which was quite large with a big terrace that had a view to die for!
The hotel is a tad dated and they could offer a bit more variety in terms of the breakfast, but these things are minor. The even had a small but adequate work out room and a hairdresser on site. It was a tremendous value and a very nice stay. They say it's hard to get to Capri, but once you get there, it's hard to leave. So very true....