“Delicious pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Onda d'Oro

Onda d'Oro
Ranked #60 of 122 Restaurants in Capri
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Munich, Germany
“Delicious pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I went there three times for dinner since it has a nice view from the 1st floor, delicious pizza and friendly staffs. One of the waiter even suggested me where to see the beautiful view of Marina Piccora after the nice meal. It is not too busy like the one on the main shopping street so that i could enjoy a relaxed dinner time.

• Visited June 2013

• Czech first
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Fantastic All-around Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We walked up to this restaurant late at night while wandering the island. The owner (I think) Carmine, immediately yelled something in Italian and the entire restaurant cheered and welcomed us. The staff was beyond nice and made sure that we had everything we needed. We were on our honeymoon, and once Carmine found that out (after we had eaten and the restaurant had cleared out some with only a few regulars) he pulled our table out from between us and motioned for us to dance! I am sure if we would have resisted he would have smiled and obliged, but it was to romantic to resist! The entire experience was amazing and we felt like family by the end of the night.

I promised him we would return for our last dinner on the island, which we did 2 nights later. Again it was fairly late, but the staff didn't seem to mind and actually summoned my wife into the kitchen to see how the food was prepared. She ended up helping cook (because she wanted to obviously) and again we had an amazingly adventurous experience.

On a serious note. If you want to spend a lot of money and get lamb (a special), steak, or other expensive dishes you can. However, if you are on a budget like us you can split a pizza and get a liter of house wine for a very reasonable price! Honestly, it was just a bonus that the food was so darn good. The atmosphere and genuine Italian spirit is enough to make it my wife and I's favorite place in Capri. I know it sounds like this is some kind of fake review because it is so flattering, but I assure you it is not! I will try to post a photo of us and Carmine, and another my wife took while she was helping the chefs. Srry about the quality of the first one! The very nice guest that took it for us was a little tipsy :-)

I highly recommend this place to anyone that will listen!

• Visited June 2013
Pensacola, Florida
“The best pizza Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

This restaurant is on the Marine Piccola side of the island with wonderful views of the water and the famous rocks. I had a very fresh mixed salad and then an unbelievable pizza! The pizza guy, Marizzo loves his job, he's singing,smiling and trying to converse with us, which he speaks very little English. But, he tries and is very cute, as well as the rest of the staff.
My husband had fresh little fried fish that was wonderful and homemade pasta with clams, plum tomatoes, and olive oil. I had a bit of the pasta and it was really tasty! We will have to return again before leaving. We've been to this restaurant before when visiting and it's always my favorite. The food is great and some of the best prices on the island. Highly recommend if you want to have excellent food, great views, great people and not break the bank.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Storey-Myrick
Toronto, Canada
“Beautiful view while enjoying a tasty meal !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

This restaurant is in a great location and the view was super ! The owner was a very friendly guy and the customer service was great. My husband had a pizza which was excellent and I had opted for the antipasto bar, which was also really great for $10. A variety of roasted vegetables, olives and beans. I also got to try my hand at helping the owner with serving the pizza's out of the wood burning oven. It was a fun entertaining experience! Would definitely recommend this restaurant, the food was really good and the prices very reasonable for Capri.

• Visited May 2013
London
“Wonderful pizza & reasonable prices for Capri.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2013

Quite honestly this was the best pizza I have ever eaten.
The base was cooked to perfection- not soggy like other more famous pizzerias, and the Marinara topping was delicious.
The prices were very reasonable-€5-€10 for a pizza & € 10 for the antipasti.
The restaurant is very simple. You can sit outside on the roadside by Marina Piccola, or upstairs on the terrace with a view in the summer months.

Highly recommended & open in the winter months too.

• Visited March 2013