“Beautiful”

Hotel La Floridiana
Ranked #28 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 25 July 2007

I would love to go back to hotel floridiana! The room with ocean view balocny was very nice. Bathroom was nice too. stuff was very friendly, breakfast was more than enough. This is a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank yayme0220

Reviewed 3 July 2007

Our rep (Kuoni), Rosemary from our hotel in sorrento recommended this hotel for us,had a wonderful stay, beautiful views, excellent balcony with sunbed and table & chairs , it was so nice to see Capri in the night time, only down side the shower wasn't up to much , staff were very helpful in their recommendations. Definately stay again.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank jax2
Reviewed 25 June 2007

We recently had a two night stay at the Hotel La Floridiana. I was a bit disappointed to find that the rooms were smaller than the website photos lead you to believe. However, our view from the balcony was incredible and the entire staff was extremely courteous and helpful. A very nice breakfast buffet was included in the nightly rate. Overall the hotel was an excellent value when compared to other properties on Capri. A final bit of advice, hire a porter at the docks to assist with your luggage, it's a long walk through the bumpy cobblestone streets to get to the hotel.

Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank PasoTraveler
Reviewed 23 June 2006

My husband and I have returned to this hotel every year for each one of our 14 years of marriage. We have always made our way to La Floridianna because of its quaintness nestled in the quieter streets of Capri. The hotel owner Ms Esposito runs a 'tight ship' and her staff respect her. we have stayed here as a young couple on honeymoon and with each one of our children from infants to teenagers. Naturally we would not have considered staying anywhere else. Some years we have travelled from Australia just to stay at La Floridianna for 7 / 8 days and then fly home again. Why ? because we just love the peace and serenity. the table service, the fabulous meals, the soft doonas or the spectacular Terrazzo floors. the idiosyncratic way of Italians are just what make the country so special.
We have contacted Ms Esposito directly and she will always give us a special price - for cash naturally!

• Stayed: April 2005
2  Thank Youbet!
Reviewed 5 April 2006

This hotel has the most unprofessional and rude owner of any hotel that I have ever stayed at anywhere in the world.

As confirmed here in other posts the owner attempts to only acccept cash and demands full payment in advance. I planned on staying at least a week and possibly one month but I left after one night. When you stay there you know they only want you there for your money.

The owner tried charging me for mini-bar usage even though I did not have anything from there. She told me I could use the pool at another hotel but did not tell me it would cost 25 eur ($30+ USD). She called the room constantly looking for the full payment in cash but I was forced to stall her. I could not take her rudeness anymore and checked out the next morning. Then at check-out she charged twice the rate that she quoted me because I did not stay the week.

As for the single rooms, you stare at a cement wall two feet away outside of the tiny window near the ceiling, and the room is so small that the twin bed barely fits there. Honestly the other rooms seemed quite nice with a view of either the ocean in the distance or a garden, but you have to put up with everything else.

Do not expect sincere hospitalty from this hotel owner; rude and unethical.

• Stayed: September 2005
15  Thank bagjob
A TripAdvisor Member
CALIFORNIA
Reviewed 23 March 2006

I will say the staff there are the most amazing people I've delt with.They went well beyond what the normal is and took care of us as if we were royalty from caring our bags from the bus stop to getting one of the finest resturants Capre has to offer to stay open for just us.Also having the kitchen stay open at the Hotel for a late breakfest. I just did a trip all through Italy and stayed at 7 cities and 7 different hotels and have also traveled all over the world and have never had such service. I will absolutely recomend this Hotel to everyone..The Suites were ammazing and view was incredible. Should be a 4 or 5 star hotel

• Stayed: November 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Montreal Paris
Reviewed 26 October 2005

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! I’ve never seen such a fantasy!!! What inspired our friend? Who knows…
I’m sure he was talking about home or maybe he was reporting a sweet dream. Unfortunately, dreams end at dawn.
My wife and I stayed at Hotel Floridiana in mid-September, and we were disappointed about everything!!!! The Hotel Floridiana was nothing but a motel.
I don’t want to let you think it was a disaster, I only want to let you know that Hotel Floridiana is not a hotel. Don’t expect 4/5 stars hotels amenities: the Floridiana is only an Italian 3 stars hotel…that is nothing but a MOTEL!!
An doesn't have a pool they send you in a pubblic pool were they charge you 25 EURO per person.

• Stayed: September 2005