“Great”
Review of Hotel La Tosca

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Capri
Hotel La Tosca
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 26 April 2014

A great budget option on the glorious but expensive island of Capri. The number one reason to stay here is the service. Ettore is a fantastic host. For those who are interested in doing a little walking or going to less touristy restaurants and spots, this is your place. Many hotel operators simply send you to the tourist hot spots, but Ettore sends you to places that are under the radar. This helps you avoid the crowds, save money, and have a better experience. If you are looking for a ritzy, glamorous place, this probably isn't the hotel for you. But if you are looking for a reasonably priced, friendly place, close to the center of town, look no further.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary M

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We just recently stayed at La Tosca (April 2014) and loved the choice to stay here. It had excellent views, a perfect location, decent rooms, and best of all great hospitality. The owner Ettore makes you feel like family and will help you plan your days (route planning, recommending and reserving restaurants, ... the best!!!). Don't expect all the plush amenities of fancy hotels, but with these great views and outdoor activities, you should not worry too much about these things anyways. When we visit Capri again, we will definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Room 50 had a great view with a terrace.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Katherine S
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recently stayed at Hotel La Tosca with my two daughters. The hotel is perched over on top of the hillside and the views were spectacular. We were greeted by the owner who was simply lovely and was extremely accommodating . We missed the ferry on the night before out of Napoli and he adjusted the rate for the missed night without a charge or an attitude. We were greeted with a smile and given a detailed itinerary of the areas that were a "must see" for our short stay in Capri and it was dead on perfect . We were served fresh juice and delicious pastries in the morning on a terrace. The room was clean and had a very private balcony. I would go again tomorrow if I could.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the luggage porters at the ferry landing. Also, wear comfortable waking shoes. Ca...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Linda C
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The views are beautiful. The hotel is very clean and Ettore (the owner) is just a lovely man. We enjoyed our stay very much and will be back again. The food at the restaurants on the Island is not not very good. It's hard to find bad food in Italy, though. The Italians are wonderful people and go about their business without gushing over anyone. They are REAL...and that's what makes them so great. Ravello and Rome have much better food. I would recommend going to Anacapri for a meal (since that is where real people live....We did not, but next time we will). (note...there is no swimming pool or fitness center...and that was fine with us)

Room Tip: Everything is tiled, so voices echo. Bring your earplugs and you will be fine. It's a lovely pl...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank citaandbernice
Reviewed 28 December 2013

There are so many reviews for this hotel and I agree with the accolades for this little family owned hotel and its owner Ettore. La Tosca is in a great location for the price and definitely has a more local feel. I enjoyed a glass or two of red on the shared deck in the relaxed atmosphere. This hotel attracts a more laid back, friendly type.
Thanks to Ettore who like many others helped with itineraries with lots of walking suggestions. I do have to say that the walks to Villa Jovis and the Arco Naturale, and down and up Via Krupp as well as the chairlift to Monte Solaro, the highest point on the island were spectacular. I loved Villa Saint Michele – not to be missed BUT be warned the walk from Monte Solaro down to Faro on the coast was a little too much for this solo traveller. I made it but it took 2 and a half hours and was very, very, very steep in parts – so much so I had to slide on my backside in parts. I never passed anyone along the way and as I was on my own I did get concerned about twisting an ankle or meeting an unsavoury type…… When I expressed this to Ettore he replied that he knew where I was if I didn’t return - comforting…………… Having said that, it was spectacular and I highly recommend the walk but take a friend.

Room Tip: The single room with a small balcony was fine but the bed is very narrow
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank GoldCoastTakingOff
Reviewed 4 November 2013

To say our arrival to the island was a little chaotic was an understatement. We arrived after a terribly bumpy boat ride from Positano. My wife was violently ill. Our dreamy hopes off a perfect stay in Capri soon dashed, we were looking forward to getting back in shape to continue on the rest of the trip we had planned throughout Europe. It did look like we were never going to get back on track. We arrived at the Tosca on the back of one of the ubiquitous electric cars that zip around everywhere, we hunkered down for the night. I remember sitting on the deck outside the hotel and admiring the starry nights' sky and the peace and quiet after a quick walk over to the Piazetta. In the morning we got to meet our hero during our stay on the island. Ettero was instrumental in getting us back on track. He introduced himself and asked if there was anything he could do to make our stay more comfortable, and guess what he actually did!. He first of all made sure that we got a much better room so my wife could recuperate in a more spacious environment, I remember being real happy that she got to rest on the deck of the room and enjoy the view, she got better in front of my eyes. I remember that at that very moment, I felt relieved, thanks to Ettero and his intervention, we were actually able to enjoy the rest of the time we had on the island, he even called our hotel we had booked on Ischia to make sure that they knew that we would not be arriving on time. We actually got an upgrade upon arrival there thanks to Ettero. He gave some good tips on a hike to the Villa Jovis and more. I want to thank him in person again, soon. He is a true asset to the island, he runs a superb hotel and he is my hospitality hero. Is it the grandest hotel on the island?, no - would I stay anywhere else upon my return to Capri, not a chance!!!!!
Grazie mille Ettero
Patrick and michelle

Room Tip: south facing rooms with balcony, overlooking the garden of augustus
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank patten36
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We really enjoyed Hotel La Tosca. Being a little away from all the hustle and bustle was great, but close enough to walk to all. Loved eating breakfast or having a glass of wine on the terrace with a great view. Ettore, the owner, was so friendly and helpful, particularly since we were interested in hiking while we were there. Mapped things out for us. Price was so reasonable for Capri. Will highly recommend it. We loved Capri, even though we aren't shoppers. It is so beautiful an area to explore if you like the outdoors. Had been recommended to us by friends and we were more than delighted with the recommendation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple