Hotel La Tosca
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Mamela(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$220
  • Breakfast included
Hotel della Piccola Marina(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$231
US$209
US$803
US$304
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Floridiana(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$183
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Palma(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$199
  • Breakfast included
Hotel 'A Pazziella(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$192
  • Breakfast included
La Residenza Capri(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$185
La Minerva(Capri)(Great Value!)
US$596
US$1,292
Agoda.com
All reviewsone starcroissantsaugustus gardensvilla jovisclean roomsblue grottocapri townthe main squareboat tour around the islanda wonderful staynice terracetucked awaypiazza umbertochair liftbeautiful vieweach morningquiet area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2009

loved loved loved this hotel. the owner Ettore was so helpful and attentive. the room was gorgeous and clean, with a very large bathroom by Italy standards. it had a cute little patio area with no view but a table and chairs. the breakfast terrace had a beautiful view and breakfast was included. it consisted of a cappucino, croissants, hard rolls and cracker toasts with butter, assorted jams and nutella on the side.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We stayed for 5 nights at La Tosca for the start of our honeymoon. Its in a great location and the views are amazing. Its great value for money and the rooms are extremely clean. The drinks prices in the hotel are reasonable. The staff are amazing and will do anything they can to help you.
Overall fantastic!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2009

My wife and I stayed three nights in the middle of May 2009. It was a wonderful place to stay and we highly recommend it. The place was spotlessly clean every day we were there.
The owner Ettori was extremely helpful to us and told us all the best hikling locations (in great detail so we could not get lost).
He had a room without a view (our selection based on price), but whenever we wanted to look at the view, we went out onto the terrace. The hotel is also close to the main piazza.
It is a one star hotel because it offers none of the frilly amenities like WIFI and the breakfast was a true continental breakfast..
If we ever return to Capri, we would definitely stay there.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2009

My boyfriend and I have just returned from an amazing 10 day trip to Italy where we had the pleasure of spending one night at the Hotel La Tosca in Capri. Having found it through TripAdvisor it is 100% worthy of the rave reviews. I would have to say the staff is what makes this hotel so great. Every single staff member we came across were extremely friendly and genuine. We felt extremely welcome at the Hotel La Tosca and I would recommend this place time and time again.

Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I stayed at the La Tosca for 3 nights last year. As I was browsing thru my Italy vacation album and looking at the pictures of Capri, it brought back fond memories. It was the highlight of my 10-day Italy trip. The views of the Mediterranean are absolutely fantastic. The room was large and had an attached balcony. I strongly recommend this place to anyone planning a trip to Capri. Capri photographs very well. For some magical reason, women feel more beautiful when they are in Capri.

However, here are some points to note:

- You need to climb quite a few steps to get to the place. It may be a problem if you have a lot of luggage.
- You have to pay in cash
- One of the houses that was on the narrow pathway to the town center had a dog that used to attack us whenever we tried to pass by. It used to pounce on the thin metal fence and bark menacingly. My 3-year old used to be terrified. It was quite an ordeal to walk across that tiny stretch!
- Food in Capri is extremely expensive, even by European standards!! The restaurants used to charge us "Cuperto" of EUR 7 to 8 per person, which I later realized meant cover charge. That was on top of "Servizio" or service charge of 15%.
- We went to one of the restaurants and ordered Fresh sea food salad. They brought a tiny plate of chopped octopus, some shell fish and diced raw fish in olive oil. That was ~ EUR$20!

The island is breathtaking and shopping was great (because everything was waay beyond my budget). Capri is definitely not meant for a budget-concious traveller.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family