“Great Restaurant with a Romantic Ambiance”
Review of Deja Vu - CLOSED

Deja Vu
Price range: US$19 - US$55
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Description: Surrounded by the fantastic background of the bay of Naples, in the colors of the island of Capri is born the new restaurant Deja Vu, five minutes from the Piazzetta, rela yourself with an aperitif before enjoying the local specialties of Capri tradition.Open for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 25 September 2012

OK so we all know that food is subjective so its difficult to review a restaurant, knowing that one's taste will not necessarily be shared by another.That said, we had some great food at Deja Vu. We were staying at Il Portico and Antonio recommended this so we tried it one night.

Delicious food with amazing views of the marina and the surrounding hillside at night. I had the smoked mozzerella....YUM! Followed by the special of the day ...Lobster. Half a lobster with tomato sauce over pasta. What can I say but that it was delicious. And really good prices. I'll admit that I was nervous after I ordered the lobster because it wasn't listed on the menu so was unsure of how much it would cost...25 euros! The night before at Da Giorgio's the bill was 140 euros but can't complain I guess when you're paying for the name and tradition.

Good prices for a delicious dinner served by an attentive staff on an island that can be overrated. Its a shame that it tends to be a bit empty but I'm sure this will change soon. Try it for yourselves, its not on loads of recommended "IT" lists but I'll choose quality over fluff any day.

Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Admittedly we came too early (it's a massive space that has no life when empty) and we were only here for a drink and starter (Italians hate that and don't treat you well as a result)

But.. The food we did eat was great, wine was fantastic and the promise of a good restaurant was there.

Overall It as good, it's just a shame they treat you like the enemy when you aren't paying the $'s (but that can be very Capri and very Italy)

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I was staying with my boyfriend at hotel Luna and we asked it concierge for some restaurant recommendations and he did not lead us astray. Deja Vu was so good that we not only had dinner but we went back for lunch the following day. We loved everything about the restaurant from the delicious food, the panoramic views and the combined garden and outdoor seating. For dinner we had spaghetti bolognese and the ravioli with lemon and cream- both some of the best italian I have had! For lunch we had one of their amazing pizzas. The restaurant is located off of the main square and it seamed like the other patrons were locals, one party celebrating a graduation. The prices were also very reasonable for the quality of the food. I will 100% go back, if not a couple of times during my next Capri visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

After looking at TA, we decided to try Deja Vu. Being new, it was a little risky and it was a walk from our hotel. We are glad we did. The service was great even though they had two large parties. The food was very good and a good value. My only issue is the atmosphere is a little cold. It is a large space compared to other italy restaurants and this took some of the ambience out of the place. But, i will take good service and great food over ambience any day.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

We were there once. Poor service. Food was cold!!! all dishes. Seemed like they put in in microwave almost everything what we ordered. Except pica. When we came the brad was on the table already. But we ordered pica, so didnt even touch the brad. I was so surprised,that they charged for it 5 euro in our bill! It was terrible experience.