“A declicious dinner at a restaurant which should be busier”
Review of Il Tinello - CLOSED

Il Tinello
Price range: US$19 - US$44
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Il Tinello is a small restaurant hidden away on a backstreet behind the main square in Capri. We enjoyed our meal here and though the food was excellent at the price and service rather too good as we were the only diners that evening - a surprise given how good it is!

There are newer reviews for Il Tinello

Reviewed 1 September 2013

All I can say is it is such a shame that 99% of businesses in Capri seem to shamelessly rip off tourists. We had things we did not order added to our bill, cover charges, service charges, made up prices for food!! So it was with so much relief and joy we found this lovely restaurant! Beautiful food, lovely service and value for money. It is just a shame for them that they are tucked away as they should be packed out every day I am sure they would be if they had a more prominant location. Although I would not visit Capri again only due to the blatant conning of tourists we visited this restaurant twice and told everyone we met here just how good it was. Thank you :0)

1  Thank WillG294
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Stumbled across this place when wondering where to eat-the friendly waiter saw us trying to read the italian menu on the window and winked us to come and check out english one. I'm so glad we found this place, service was excellent, food great and prices reasonable!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

After walking around for about 40 mins trying to find this restaurant we stumbled across it thank god! To anyone who is planning on going here go up the stairs from via Roma. The food is absolutely superb, wines are great and so is the tiramisu! Service is very good here too. Great feed and great place to eat.

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I were on Capri for our honeymoon and while wandering off the beaten path we got a bit lost. Meandering back to the center of town we came across Il Tinello and I'm very happy we did! We had a fantastic lunch with none of the touristy annoyances we found in so much of Capri. We had bruschetta, octopus salad and gnocchi alla sorrentina and all we tasty. For a quiet, relaxed lunch away from the hubub of the piazza, I definitely recommend Il Tinello.

1  Thank clairealta