“Great!”

Cuisines: Italian
New York
“Great!”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I liked that I could sit right in front of the pier and watch the action take place while enjoying a relaxing lunch. I enjoyed their bruschetta romana ( it has salted anchovies- yum!) had good wine and their spritz were very good! The staff was friendly and took care of anything I asked. Their drinks are served with a little snack. I visited this place for lunch twice and both times were equally good. Yes, it is a little pricey when one compares it to the prices we are used to inland but it is an island where all the prices are inflated- so just go an enjoy it- after all you are in Capri.

• Visited May 2014

scottsdale, az
“Avoid Capri”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We spent 10 days in Italy and never had a bad meal, until we arrived at the over-rated tourist trap of Capri. We had lunch at this place after finishing our 2 hour excursion around the island...a huge waste of money and time by the way. My son's pizza had a huge pile of oil sitting in the middle and my focaccia sandwich was full of mold. I didn't notice until after I had eaten half. I had to fight to not pay for the sandwich! They kept shoving another one in my face. I was utterly insulted and spoke loudly about the mold on my sandwich so other diners could hear. Don't waste your time going to Capri. If you want to get an idea of what it is, go to Catalina Island, off the coast of Long Beach, CA in the summer. What a terrible place this was. We booked a trip over on the ferry and then a 2 hour tour around the island, with a "stop and look see" at the Blue Grotto. If we wanted to see the Blue Grotto, we would have had to get off of our boat and onto another boat, pay another $20 each and wait another TWO HOURS. We stayed on the boat, finished the trip around and went back to Sorrento and took a bus to Positano. We should have spent the day in Positano instead. Ugh. Forget Capri!

• Visited June 2013
Sydney
“A little expensive, but they have free wifi!”
Reviewed 1 September 2012

I visited Capri for a day trip and by the lunch time I was absolutely famished. I found L'Isola Dei Sapori by the port and decided to try it out. I had the Mediterranea Bruschetta was a little burnt around the edges, tasty though. I also had a Diet coke which was almost the same cost as the bruschetta at €5.50 for a can of drink., bit over the top I thought.

I also had a Strawberry frozen margherita cocktail which was mostly strawberry granita and very sweet.

I returned later that afternoon for another cocktail, this time a strawberry dacquiri, again no fresh strawberries to be seen, only strawberry granita for the flavouring. They did however provide bar snacks with the drink which helped with the sweetness.

Free wifi is available upon request. The waiters have the password readily available.

• Visited August 2012