“Not quite what I expected”

Capri Tiberio Palace
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has a good location and a beautiful terrace for breakfast. But be aware of their "service", when you arrive on the ferry someone is waiting for you to take your luggage, very convenient but they dont tell you its 24€, we also ask for an adaptor sure they said but charged us 10€.
One morning we let them know we were going to the grotta azzure, ask them how to get there, we went down and it was closed, wasted half a day when they could have called and asked.
So overall the hotel is nice, the service not so much.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank D_traveller_19
TozziCapri, Direttore generale at Capri Tiberio Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Dmd719,

Thank you for your review. I have taken note about your observations and have shared with the team. Regarding the adaptor, the 10 euros only serve as a deposit; once it is returned the amount is refunded. As per the Blue Grotto, unfortunately the situation changes from one moment to the other as the tide might rise in a few hours.

The whole Capri Tiberio Palace team and myself hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back in our home in order to provide you a positive experience in the Blue Island.

There are newer reviews for Capri Tiberio Palace

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This hotel is absolutely beautiful! On top of Isle of Capri...as beautiful as it is, the service is even better. We ate at the restaurant in the hotel for dinner and it was excellent. My family and I felt like royalty and enjoyed every minute of it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
TozziCapri, Direttore generale at Capri Tiberio Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Caren S,

Our greatest pleasure is when our guests feel satisfied about the personalized service provided. The whole Capri Tiberio Palace team and myself really wish to welcome you back next time for another unforgettable stay.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband, two teenage daughters and I recently arrived at the hotel for a 3 night stay - exhausted, soaking wet (got caught in hail/thunderstorm/downpours in Naples and Capri) and without our luggage (did not make a connecting flight). Giada and team at the front desk immediately took charge with a calm, kind presence - bringing us towels to dry off, and sending hot tea and cookies to our rooms. Everyone we encountered at the hotel from housekeeping staff, to wait staff in the restaurant was warm, friendly and eager to please. Giada and others tirelessly tracked down our luggage (which arrived 2 days later), and were also great resources at helping us navigate the island. The hotel is beautifully appointed, rooms incredibly clean and beds wonderfully comfortable! If we ever have a chance to come back to Capri again, we will absolutely stay at this hotel - our entire experience was exceptional and one of the highlights of our 8 day Italy trip!

1  Thank Lisa L
TozziCapri, Direttore generale at Capri Tiberio Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Lisa L,

Your positive comment brings a lot of satisfaction for the fact that you have experienced our true philosophy: to provide personalized service to our guests understanding their exact wishes and needs, where small details make big differences.

The whole Capri Tiberio Palace team and myself will be very pleased to welcome you back to your “home” in the Blue Island in a near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Just back from Italy - AMAZING trip with my partner and our 2 children, ages 10 and 8. We stayed 3 days at the Capri Tiberio Palace and had an memorable experience. The staff was professional and accommodating; assisting us with appropriate tour and transportation needs. The GM was present and made a point to interact and introduce herself to us... The room was well appointed and comfortable. The décor throughout is whimsical - every corner you turn - there is a collection or curiosity. The food and service in the restaurant was very good. From the moment you are met at the marina by the uniformed representative - you are made comfortable. Once the reservations were confirmed, we rec'd a welcome email with all the details needed to understand the arrival process. Thank you to the Capri Tiberio Palace for making our first trip to Capri AMAZING... - John, Bill, Olivia & Vivi

Dear John, Bill, Olivia & Vivi,

It is delightful learning that the whole family had a memorable stay at Capri Tiberio Palace, from service to the small décor details throughout the hotel as well as the dishes offered in our Terrazza Tiberio restaurant.

The whole team and myself are looking forward to welcoming you back to your “home” in Capri in a near future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed three nights here at the end of a month in Italy - it turned out to be the low note if the trip.
Main concerns were lack of transparency - no prior knowledge for a first time Capri visitor that one has to take a funicular railway and then walk to the hotel unaccompanied carrying heavy hand luggage up hill in the hottest part if the day. This followed by a turn down service offered at 11 PM and then more unexplained incorrect charges at check out time which resulted in a refund being necessary. Service throughput ambivalent at best,apart from the porters who were pleasant and obliging. My apprehension at having to accept this hotel option for Capri due to lack of other availability proved correct - it is a significantly expensive hotel which doesn't live up to expectations. As the manager said on arrival of my luggage over 2 hours after I did - when she had suggested '20 minutes' - 'this is Capri - things are relaxed'. Relaxed has moved to haphazard complacency at Tiberio Palace.

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Ob18,

I read with careful attention your comments and regret to learn that your experience at our hotel was not positive. I am assuming that you did not meet our hotel representative at the pier upon your arrival. In fact, it is our customary procedure, from the moment of booking confirmation, we kindly ask to provide guests’ arrival time so that our hotel representative will greet guests and offer luggage and transportation options as well as indications on how to arrive at the hotel.

I took good note of the service inefficiencies occurred which of course I have shared with my team and would be grateful if you wish to give me more details by contacting me personally.

Overall, I wish to assure you that the above issues certainly do not reflect our values and standards. I hope to welcome you back to Capri Tiberio Palace to show you that we do provide first class service.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 28 June 2014

What can I say about this hotel. I wish i could have stayed a week. It was brilliant. The staff was beautiful and excellent in customer service. The rooms were charming beds awesome. Location is also excellent just off the main square.

5 stars and I would use it again...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear ptaroli2,

The whole Capri Tiberio Palace team and myself are pleased that you had a memorable stay in our home.

We hope to welcome you back to the Blue Island in a very near future.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had the pleasure of staying in the Tiberio Palace on Capri in late May of 2014 for three nights. I booked the hotel fairly blindly based on a few reviews I read and the price. I was looking for something a little upscale yet affordable. The photos I found at the time didn't influence my decision very much, as I found some of them to be a little inconclusive. However, to my surprise, the Tiberio Palace turned out to be one of the highlights of a 24-day excursion through Italy. This is without question one of the nicest and friendliest boutique hotels I have ever experienced. And I stayed at Le Sirenuse in Positano. Tiberio Palace was a better experience. The staff is obviously very carefully selected and extremely well trained to provide exemplary customer service. The location is very nice -- close to many of the best restaurants in Capri. The views are beautiful, and the bar is very relaxing and refined. The room I stayed in was flawless. I very highly recommend this hotel, and I will stay there again upon my return to Capri.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
TozziCapri, Direttore generale at Capri Tiberio Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear James D B

It is delightful learning that Capri Palace has exceeded your expectations from interior design, location and service. It will be a real pleasure to be able to welcome you back to your home in Capri for your next trip to Italy.

Francesca Tozzi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Capri
Luxury Villa Excelsior Parco
#2 of 18 in Anacapri
Punta Tragara
Punta Tragara
#22 of 40 in Capri

Been to Capri Tiberio Palace? Share your experiences!