“Nice quiet Hotel with family atmosphere”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Capri
Tirrenia Roberts B&B
Ranked #33 of 46 Capri B&B and Inns
Trier, Germany
“Nice quiet Hotel with family atmosphere”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Some of the advises are strange, especially the ones in English and Italian....

I spent 4 lovely days in the hotel with my wife. Constanzo and his team are very helpful and you feel at every moment that you are welcome,

Location is nearly perfect (10 min. to the beach, 10 min. to the Piazza). you have a nice view to the ocean and the pool and the garden are lovely. Sure there you have to climb many stairs, but if you visit Capri, you need to be fit, otherwise you should make holidays at a beach :).

For me one of the best locations on Capri to stay. We will come back again. Thanks Constanzo

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Turin, Italy
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Well, where do I start? Ill Tarantino it and explain how, after being cursed at and called antisemitic names, we left disturbed and outraged. Upon reading the reviews, we were excited to arrive at this BnB. We emailed the owner, explained our dates and that we were three people, received a confirmation email, and assumed all was set. Shortly after booking train tickets, we received an email from the owner that the dates changed from the original booking, with no explanation, and the price also increased. I explained that we bought tickets and it would be too much to change them and he didn't seem to care, so I had to rearrange half of the trip. ok, fine. miscommunication (perhaps). The walk down to the BnB is rather challenging (imagine 1000 steps all downhill, hard to find small streets, and a almost hidden gate, which you have to go back up of course), so be prepared for that. One could argue that most of Capri is like that, but just a heads up should you decide to go (which after this you most likely wont). We were greeted by the owner, who seemed agitated that I had to call him a few times to find the place. The room was "semi interrato" or basically the basement, with doors that open to the pool area. Dark with a terrible smell of mold. Parts of the bathroom were "under construction", which I will get to later. A "triple" is essentially a normal room with a tiny half bed tossed in haphazardly on the side of the other bed. Also, in plain sight on the wall in the room there was an advertised price for the room that was less than we were being charged (why have it on a sign in the room is beyond me). The next day, after a disappointing "breakfast" that was literally bread and coffee, my father and I left my mom at the BnB while we ran errands in Anacapri. While there, several events unfolded. First, the cleaning lady walked in to the room without knocking, and seemed surprised my mom was there. After, the owner walked in (without knocking of course) and happened to catch my mom coming out of the shower, nude. Shortly after, he brings construction people to work on the bathroom, then leaves them completely unsupervised. Granted, if she was not there, all of this would have happened without us knowing. However, it is not very comforting to think about a construction crew having full access to the room and our belongings without supervision. That night I was so sick of the smell that I investigated the A/C. What I saw was downright shocking (I even had to take a pic I couldn't believe it). The filter looked like it hadn't been changed, ever. Dust and dirt was so caked on, its a surprise it even worked at all! What happened the next morning was so incredibly uncalled for and disrespectful. After thinking about it, we decided there were far too many things that went wrong and were not as advertised, that we wanted to suggest paying less for said disservices. To be "fair" I listed everything that was wrong, and offered to pay the AS ADVERTISED price on the sign in the room. Not even asking for a discount or to pay half or not pay at all. Just a reduced rate that was actually the advertised rate instead of what he was charging us. At this point, the owner erupted at us, cursing in Italian to us and all of the saints above, saying he will never rent to Americans again, then asked if I was of a certain religion!!!! (read the first line of the review for a hint at which one). He was so angry and disrespectful and rude that we handed him the money (which I actually regret at this point after what he said and how much we were offended) and left. I told this story to an Italian friend of mine, who contacted the authorities and filed a complaint, of which everything is on file with the city of Capri and the government officials in Napoli. I honestly feel like the owner is too old and irritable to deal with running this kind of business anymore. He made us feel uncomfortable from the minute we arrived until the minute he was shouting at us to leave and never come back.

Room Tip: don't get stuck in the basement.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Omgilovescience
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 11 July 2013

B&B Tirrenia Roberts is about a 10 minute walk from Capri town, via mostly ramps which are stroller friendly. The final path down into the B&B is about 75 steps, but then again everything in Capri is steps.

Costanzo and Eva are friendly and helpful, making you feel right at home. We had a spacious room overlooking the pool and the sea, with a huge bathroom with separate shower and a jetted tub. A crib was provided for us - we asked in advance. The AC was nice and cold.

Breakfast is simple, yogurt, bread and jam, tea and coffee.

The pool is delightful, and the views from the pool area are gorgeous.

It is about a 15 minute walk down many, many steps to Marina Piccola's beach. Alternately you could walk up to Capri Town and take the bus down.

It's a relaxing getaway near to Capri Town at a very reasonable price. Costanzo is great and set up a boat rental for us one day, it seems everyone on the island knows him and responds with a smile when they hear you are staying with him.

Room Tip: Ask for the downstairs room by the pool! It's huge!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is a lovely B&B in a peaceful setting with wonderful views and pool to boot. Costanza the owner is a lovely man always happy to help, with great recommendations and advice. The rooms all with balconies and amazing views were large and clean and we had one of the rooms with a bathroom just across the hall. This wasn't a problem for us but may be for some. The B&B is approx. 10 minute walk uphill to the main Piazzetta somebody with walking difficulties could struggle. Marina Piccola is 10 mins downhill. Breakfast was simple but plentiful. The pool was a welcome retreat at the end of a busy day exploring beautiful Capri.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 September 2012

We were looking for a B&B after spending our first night in Anacapri. We followed a little sign with a pool on it from the bus stop by Piazetta down the path toward Marina Piccola. We ended up coming across the B&B where we were welcomed by Constanzio, our genial and knowledgeable host. Lovely little rooms with balconies, wonderful views and a pool made this a fantastic place to stay. Constazio's advice on the locals restaurant (6 euros for a litre of wine, if i recall rightly!) was also much appreciated.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GavinRedknap
NYC
Reviewed 30 June 2012

In beautiful Capri, THIS is the way to live! Costanzo's bed and breakfast is so relaxing and accommodating. It located in an ideal spot of the island--5 minutes from the town square, and 5 minutes from the beaches. My sister and I stayed there for 4 days, and agreed that we would want to some day return!

The grounds of Tirrenia Roberts fits the island perfectly. Beautiful flowers and plants line the walkways, and the pool overlooks a spectacular view of the water and cliffs. The plants and height at which the b&b is situated provide a lot of privacy, too.

Costanzo is great. He is very concerned with your happiness, and wants you to experience the BEST parts of Capri. He is helpful in every way possible--from maps, to food, to first aid kits.

Perks of this bed and breakfast include:

-free wifi
-free breakfast
-pool (with very comfortable chairs, I might add)
-great location
-friendly and knowledgeable owners
-unbeatable price

If you're looking for a place to stay while on vacation in Capri, I highly recommend Tirrenia Roberts. Whether you're traveling alone, with family, or on a romantic holiday, this b&b is the place to go.

Stayed June 2012
3 Thank NYCfan212
Cluj
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Near Piazzetta Umberto I, on a pedestrian street, is an oasis of greenery, fresh air and great perfumes. The swimming pool is an expensive luxury paid on Capri, but at Tirrenia Roberts you can afford it. Breakfast is basic, but typical for Italy and there are so many reasons for choosing this accommodation .

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple