“so blown away when we arrived”

Hotel Villa Sanfelice
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in Capri
NYC
“so blown away when we arrived”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

So, as many of you, my friend and I looked at so many hotels and read tons of reviews of where we should stay. It had been a long time since I treated myself to a nice trip and so I really wanted to be sure that we got something good. Eventually we landed on hotel villa Sanfelice, when we arrived we were so happy! It was even nicer then we expected and were super happy about our decision.
Capri is just so beautiful, and it made sense once we got there why it is as popular as it is. I usually steer clear of those types of places, but this place is so special. I think that where we stayed had a lot to do with it. Though it is in the center of the town, it is off the main path, so very quiet. The pool was very nice, so nice we did not make it down to the sea the first day. There is super good gelato close by and tons of places to eat.
I can't wait to stay here again. We stayed for 5 nights and could have easily done 2 weeks. Loved it and will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank wildflowersinafield

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed 12 November 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Villa Sanfelice for one night in October. We would have stayed longer if they had the room. What a magnificent hotel!

While the views were maybe not as spectacular as other hotels on the island and the rooms may not be as big, this hotel made up for it in customer service! In the one night that we stayed at this hotel, we were made to feel comfortable, and were happily greeted every time we entered the hotel. The desk staff was also knowledgeable, and even able to book our ferry back to Naples, and transfer our bags - which really was a time saver! Even the housekeepers took time to acknowledge us every time we saw them, and asked how our stay was going.

Giampiero (at the front desk) really stood out as spectacular - assisting with us with everything we needed, he made the trip most memorable!

The only issue may be finding the hotel. But I found that the people on Capri were able to point us in the right direction!

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel! It is everything you could every want, especially in customer service!

Room Tip: I think every room in this hotel would be good!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Cork
Reviewed 6 November 2012

Hotel is in a good location and is very clean, the views are not as good as you might get in some of the other Hotels but I think the price reflects this.

I enjoyed 2 nights and it was nice to walk around the center of Capri in the evening as the crowd leaves the island after a day trip.
Be careful when you arrive as a person with a white shirt that looks like a Hotel rep takes your luggage directly from the ferry as he will charge you €10 per bag without informing you of price, this will be charged to your Hotel bill. This would have worked out at €40 for my small group and I was able to get a Taxi for all four of us with bags for €25. You could easily get the tram for around €10 but was nice to experience white convertible taxi. The hotel is also happy to book various trips and this will be all charged to your room, i.e. when I was leaving they would have booked the ferry for €94 and had my bags again taken for €40. I got the Tram for €10 with bags and booked the ferry at the ticket office for €74. When we ordered drinks we were not able to pay for it cash and did not sign anything and got a nice €55 bill when leaving for few drinks. Just be careful they seem happy to run up a nice bill on the slate. it was the only thing I disliked about our stay. The Hotel restaurant recommendations were not as good as the ones I found on tripadvisor. I would stay there again for the price I received.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Adrian P
England
Reviewed 6 November 2012

My partner and I stayed at Villa San Felice in October for 2 days and had a fantastic time. The owner of the Hotel Giampietro was very helpful and made us feel very comfortable. The room was very spacious, very clean with a large terrace. Breakfast was typical continental but very nicely presented, great coffee. Great pool area amongst lemon trees and very central for walkabout in Capri. Very good value for Capri. Recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jutta055
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed 4 nights. Staff were open, helpful and proactive. Pool is great. Breakfast perfect, good coffee. Free solid wifi. Perfect location for walk to Marino piccolo and to be near restaraunts at night. Tranquil location, lemon trees and nice garden. Best value in Capri by a long way.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Hicksimon
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 25 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Good location.
Good breakfast. Excellent tip top service. Good rooms and stable WIFI. No complaints.

Except, it might be tricky to find the hotel. Just look for hotel Quisana and you r close and goood to go!

Recommended!

• Stayed October 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We stayed for 4 nights in this hotel. It was good value for money compared to other accommodation in Capri. It is right in the centre of Capri just off the Piazza. The centre of Capri is a pedestrian area so taxis or buses can only take you so far. It is only a 5-10 min walk from the bus/taxi drop off. The hotel is lovely and lives up to the pictures on the website. We found the staff friendly enough (particularly for Capri). The room with balcony was lovely (I think we were upgraded but it wasn't pointed out when we checked in!)

The rooms are very clean. The cleaners deserve 5*. Two very friendly cheerful ladies that always smiled and said hello. If you can tip them ... they deserve it! The breakfast was typical for the area. There is no hot food and alot of pastries and cakes. They do have some fruit ...but never any bananas .. also if food runs out before 10am it is not generally replenished! Nice coffee machine. Service in the morning a bit sporadic. Sometimes the waiters got you coffee sometimes not! The breakfst room is small as there is no terrace if it rains .. so get up early!

The pool is very nice. Clean and the maintenance guys are friendly. There are pool side drinks .. bit pricey but this is the same everywhere in Capri. There are nice sunbeds with towels provided for free at the pool. There is free WiFi in the hotel but you have to pay for the computer.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

WORD on CAPRI - if you are going to stay in Capri, be prepared to pay high prices for lack lustre service in most of the average restaurants. Only the top end, highly priced restaurants (€250+ for a meal with wine) seem to think service is important. The island is soooo beautiful but the rude and awful service in most restaurants marred our total experience. Its such a shame. The best advertising in the world is good word of mouth, and it doesn't cost anything to be pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple