“Beautiful Friendly Hotel”

Hotel Villa Sanfelice
Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 29 July 2014

My husband, 2 teenage daughters and myself stayed here in July 2014. I can't speak highly enough of the the Villa San Felice!
My husband joined us unexpectedly, so I had only booked a room for 3. The management, at no notice absolutely did everything they could and miraculously found us 2 rooms right next door to each other, and it was high season!
The hotel is wonderfully located just off one of the main streets leading into the piazza, so you are super close to everything but it is an oasis of quiet and calm. The interior of the hotel is beautiful, the pool is excellent with views and a brilliant little restaurant. The staff are so friendly and helpful, it was like we were staying with the family.When I enquired about an iron, the wonderful lady who cleaned our room took my dress and meticulously ironed it without charging me, so it was little things like that that made our stay memorable.
Our room was spacious and quite grand with a lovely balcony/terrace. The hotel was also super clean. We will definitely stay again when we come back to Capri.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kristin S

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We chose a room that had a balcony, it had a very nice spot to sit and was private and quiet but no view. The room itself had me romancing life in Italy pre world war it was architecturally pleasing, quiet and really clean. The pool and grounds are very well kept with a small lemon orchard, the pool with ocean views and attendant service. Breakfast, inside or out had a very large variety of diversified items.
The staff was ABOVE AND BEYOND especially, and I'm sorry I can't remember his name but he lived in New York for awhile, you are the true definition of what hospitality is about.
"HATS OFF" to VILLA SANFELICE we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I liked the place very much. Many people have commented on its excellent location, but until you get there you do not realize that it is not only the location (as in how far it is from the restaurants and piazzas) but its being "tucked away" in a small side street, that matters. Whenever I would cross the entrance of the villa (for it is a villa), I would just feel peace and quiet descending on me, in a world of simple, non-ostantatious elegance.

My room was indeed small (very clean), almost monastic but that was fine with me. I do not care much about breakfasts, but I must day that the garden where you take breakfast, under the lemon trees, has a beautiful simplicity.

There are no views. But to have views in Capri, you have to pay four times the rate of this hotel. For me, that amount (around 400-500 euro per night) would be too much.

The pool is small but adequate. There are requests (observed) that people should be quiet: So there is no jumping, loud conversations, kids running and laughing. People read books or newspapers, talk to each other in hushed voices and make the entire atmosphere non-aggressive and pleasant.

I plan to go there next year again. --Now, about Capri I do have my doubts, but about this hotel none.

PS. On a more mundane note: Wifi was excellent and free.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We found the hotel to be okay. A fair price for high season in July and a decent central location albeit no sea views. We had room with terrace which was fine but just views of a building so probably not worth the upgrade difference unless there were better views of the gardens perhaps. Pool area was adequate but lacked a bit of elegance. Staff were friendly enough, but we felt the hotel lacked atmosphere and that certain something which might set it apart from others ( breakfast felt a little basic). All in all it was fine but we felt as it advertises itself as a 4 star it would probably do better if it was a 3 star plus, this way client expectations may be met to a better degree

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickandRaff
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Highlight: Wonderful pool and service at the pool
Very nice breakfast area, though breakfast could be much better

Location is very good, just a short walk from the Piazza Municipale

Bathroom was very small, but clean

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Although many people commented on the excellent service by the staff, we had quite a different experience. Right from our first encounter, we were put off by the rude front desk staff. When we asked about obtaining a map in English (they only had French or Spanish left), the answer was a shoulder shrug. Later, the manager asked us whether we had already purchased our return ferry and we were encouraged (almost forced) by the manager to let them arrange our ferry tickets for us, rather than the hassle of buying the tickets at the docks. More information must be relayed to the guests: we had no idea that there would be a 40% upcharge, with only cash accepted. This meant that we had to withdraw extra cash from an ATM and pay more fees right at the last minute. They could not tack it onto the room bill, likely because it is truly a shady ticket-reselling side business. To make matters worse, the manager assured us that it's no big deal to take money out of the ATM in a condescending tone, like we should have money to burn as tourists in Capri. The rooms are extremely small (just enough room to walk around the bed) and they are in desperate need of upgrades (ratty sheets, old lumpy mattress and pillows). On the plus side, the breakfast and pool were adequate. Overall, the hotel seems like it was a luxury hotel 10-20 years ago, but all that remains are the marble floors and snooty attitudes.

Room Tip: It's probably worthwhile to upgrade to a larger room with a balcony.