“my best vacation!!”
Review of Hotel Mamela

Hotel Mamela
Ranked #27 of 40 Hotels in Capri
Reviewed 3 August 2012

for sure one of my best vacation!! the hotel offers me more than my expectations! the location is just perfect, only 5 min by walking from the square, and with an amazing view!!!they were cleaning twice per day! the personnel were friendly,polite,with a smile and ready to serve you with their best way! the breakfast was delicious with a big range of everything!! I'm so satisfied that I can't see the time to visit it again!! thank you for everything :)

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank nikoletasp
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mamela

Reviewed 26 July 2012

This hotel had magnificent views, a great pool, and clean large rooms. Unfortunately, the staff was not helpful at all. During our stay in Capri, it felt like the staff did not care about us at all. I really got the feeling that they do not like Americans. They did not help us with luggage or even offer. We were the only Americans in the hotel at the time, and now I know why. I would try someplace else on the island if you are American.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dobber_spe
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Beautifully positioned hotel.reasonably priced for Capri with excellent staff.
Our room overlooking the town was large but noisy.
You must get the view rooms. Very clean rooms. Lovely breakfast and excellent lunch at hotel.
Pool is very nice.I couldn't fault this hotel
Kroon ergs Sydney Austalia

Room Tip: Room with a view only
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LKroonenberg
Reviewed 2 July 2012

It was my first time in Capri ever, and I have nothing but good memories of that trip. The staff at Mamela Hotel were very helpful and friendly, the installations were perfect and the view from my balcony was stunning. The breakfasts at the terrace were very pleasant, with a good buffet and of course, a very nice view over the sea. The price/quality relationship is very good, and I am looking forward to be there again in short.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Abel D
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This was my third time at Hotel Mamela and there was nowhere else I thought of when I decided to visit Capri for a 3-day respite from Rome. I was apprehensive as I read a few negative reviews here and thought perhaps it would not be as good as I remembered but that was not the case. The setting is exquisite, the staff friendly and helpful starting with Pamela who greeted us in a helpful and friendly manner upon arrival, Pasquale and Giovanni who were friendly, thoughtful and professional both during breakfast and lunch, and Elisa at the front desk who helped us with everything we asked. The pool attendant was accommodating, the pool clean and large, the lending library chock full of interesting books that can be traded, and the various lounges well decorated. The hotel is well designed and very clean. Our room was spacious with a balcony overlooking the sea.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lita99
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Excellent hotel in great location, will remain part of my memories of this amazing island. This was not my first visit to Capri but it was the first time I stayed on the island and I couldn't have been more delighted with my choice of hotel. Location is very central and has sepectaular views. The overall level of service, accommodation and facilities is outstanding, well worth every penny. I hope to return to Capri again someday and will definitely return to the Mamela.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank tepea
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We just came back from our Italian trip we took with my fiance to celebrate my 27th birthday. Our first destination was Capri and we were pleasantly surprised by hotel Mamela. Very neat, clean and with magnificent view, pool and terrasse. The breakfast is included and was really nice. The staff is nice and helpful. We even received a bottle of vine in our suite just before dinner. The rooms are in Capri style but sweet. The only thing is that there are lots of mosquitos and the bed wasn't really comfortable, but all in all it was amazing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple