“Live like a Neapolitan... not a tourist!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sui Tetti di Napoli

Sui Tetti di Napoli
Ranked #327 of 603 Naples B&B and Inns
“Live like a Neapolitan... not a tourist!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

My wife and I just stayed at the charming Sui Tetti di Napoli and couldn't have been happier! Although we were two hours late on our arrival, the gracious Raffaele was still there to take care of us when we arrived with our enormous backpacks. He immediately took us across the street to get us a strong cup of caffe and helped us plan the next few days of our trip. He really could not have been more helpful and his enthusiasm about Naples  was infectious: from advice on activities, restaurants and sights to see to see to practical matters like phone cards he was a wealth of information. What an experience!

The B&B was conveniently located from several metro stops and local shoping. From the street and during the walk up to the rooms (which must be done by several flights of stairs ), one can't see the treat that awaits: the rooms which really feel more like small apartments were inviting, tastefully furnished and clean. The accommodations came with free wifi and a great shared patio, where each morning we sat and ate our breakfast of eggs, cereal, juice, coffee tea, and biscuits with Nutella, honey or preserves (which we we made ourselves from food provided).

There is no TV in the suite, but that is because Napoli is calling! From the make-it-yourself breakfast to the keys to the front door jingling in our pockets, the feeling that permeated our stay was of belonging. Unlike other stays we have had, we felt more like a member of the communtiy and less like just a couple of american backpacker tourists!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank aschneider78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I was so pleased with my experience in Napoli (staying at Raffaele's other B&B, Dimora dei Giganti), that I returned to Napoli and stayed in this sweet spot in the Spanish Quarter. This is not a tourist neighborhood, thank goodness -- it's a beautiful, thriving, real-life place with locals and local restaurants and a local fish and produce market a block from a major local shopping street. (And yet, only 15 minutes by foot to the dense historic center). I was traveling solo and stayed in the topmost apartment here, a studio with a wraparound terrace and an unbelievable view of Vesuvius and Napoli's hills. I cooked and ate my meals in the reed-covered terrace outdoors, slept peacefully with A/C and woke up to the views, and had incredible peace and privacy within a few flights of stairs from the life of the streets. It felt like having my own Napoli home. I can't recommend it more.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank takeslongwalks
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Really in the heart of Naples is this charming set of appartments. The interior design is very nice, and you have a shared little roof terrace with an amazing view. I have never been in an appartment that was so clean and well maintained. I read that other guests complained about the six stairs you have to climb, but I think this is part of the charm, just like the very poor looking entrance in the street (and allows you to eat even more nice Napolitan food!). It is really like you are living in this amazing city, and you see that behind these ruinously looking outsides of the buildings there are very nice insides. You're at walking distance from all the main sites of Naples, have a nice bakery in front of you and a take-away and coffee shop just at the main street. Some travel guides say this quarter is very dangerous but I found it very welcoming and if you are a bit streetwise you will have no problem at all. Sui Tetti di Napoli is more an appartment then a B&B and allows you to be really independent, with your entrance and own kitchen. I stayed also in another B&B from the same owner, Cerasiello, which is even nicer decoration (wonderful bathroom!), here you have your own room and the terrace and kitchen is shared with the other rooms. I can really recommend both!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank GirlfromNL
Ottawa, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

I stayed in the Zafferano apartment. My room was a very clean single bedroom apartment. The location is ok, being close to a safe main street but at least twenty minutes walk from train stations, through somewhat sketchy neighborhoods. The apartment is up six floors of steep narrow stairs, but is well-secured by three gates and another per-apartment door. This is a good location for visiting Naples; I would return and would recommend this to my friends.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We arrived at the Naples train station at night. Every B&B and hotel we called was full. Finally someone referred us to Raffaelle and Sui Tetti di Napoli. In desperation we took a cab to meet Raffaelle in a somewhat dark alley in the Old Spanish Quarters of Naples. The front door was scary looking and so was the cement staircase. But Raffaelle was very pleasant so we let him carry our luggage up the 105 concrete steps. The steps got better looking with each flight. When he opened the door to the apartment, we were amazed! The apartment was well furnished and nicely decorated, the kitchen was well stocked so that we could make breakfast with eggs! We loved eating on the terrace! It was quiet at night and we felt really safe. The location was perfect for eating and seeing Naples. Raffaelle gave us wonderful recommendations and shared his love of Naples with us! This was a surprisingly wonderful place and I will stay here again on my next trip!

Room Tip: Travel light so that 105 stairs are not a problem!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Fran G
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Since we were somewhat nervous about coming to Naples after reading for years about crime, we planned on staying the night and leaving after seeing the National Museum of Archeology. We arrived late and had difficulty finding a room. Luckily Raffaelle had Sui Tetti di Napoli available. He met us out front and immediately assured us we were going to love Naples, and we did just that. He helped us up the narrow stairs with our luggage. The staircase didn't prepare you for such a wonderful place at the top. There were about 105 stairs, but the place was worth every step and all the exercise helped us justify eating the wonderful gelato at the Cafe Roma on the corner. The apartment was clean, fresh and had a wonderful little kitchen stocked with eggs, bread, coffee, jam, juice, milk...and even cookies. It was fantastic to eat breakfast whenever we wanted to out on the deck. Raffaelle has great love and knowledge of Naples and shared it with us the night we arrived, helping us to organize our stay to see the best sites as well as where to eat (Nennellas cheap fixed price restaurant nearby). The location couldn't be beat, one block from major shopping and in the historic area. It was quiet. Most of all we felt safe and ended up staying for 4 nites.

Room Tip: If you want to go even higher up there is a room on the roof that looked great, not sure if a kitche...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Susan B
Leipzig, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

I first came across this B&B in 2009 when I needed an accomodation for one night in Naples. One of my collegues had stayed in the "Sui Tetti di Napoli" for some days and he talked about it as it was one of the "must-go" insider places to stay in Naples, for its inventive furniture, its affectionate decoration and impressive sight on the city.

As my collegue was so vividly reporting of his fantastic stay there - I gave it a try and I found that his report was completely right! I would prefer this nicely furnished, clean appartment with a small kitchen and a fridge, stuffed with the essentials for breakfast to any business-like hotel in this city!
Allright, the stairs up to the appartment are a bit of a challenge for non-athletes, but with rich italian food and all that fantastic pizza places in "Spaccanapoli" just round the corner, you should never loose sight of your daily workout programme!!

Once you reach the terrace on top you are remunerated with an impressive, picturesque view on the historic city of Naples and the Vesuvius at the horizon. Having breakfast out there will be a haunting memory of Naples! I already came back once and I will surely come back to this place, when I´m going back to the south of Italy...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo